Minor League Gamethread (4-8)

Chicago White Sox

That's all on the defense. Cease got the double play ball to get out of that inning unscathed, but Yeyson choked. Then he had an out at the plate, but the catcher dropped the ball. Just like last year, the stats don't tell the story with Cease. He looked very good

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 01:32 PM)
Defense and wildness killing Cease

I watched the start against the Mariners in spring training, and my first impression was he will be a very good reliever— like David Robertson. Not that they should do that (they shouldn’t). But he’s going to be a good big league pitcher someday.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 06:38 PM)
I watched the start against the Mariners in spring training, and my first impression was he will be a very good reliever— like David Robertson. Not that they should do that (they shouldn’t). But he’s going to be a good big league pitcher someday.

Not so sure he's not a big league closer right now

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 02:01 PM)
It just is annoying that the defense once again is preventing him from going deeper into games. The same thing happened for most of his Kannapolis starts last year.

Eh.. well that and pitch count. Sox are still being careful with him to start.