Wrigley Field...LAME or SHRINE?!?

RibbieRubarb

Heh, brutal.

They need renovation, without a doubt. Problem is that even that won't get that many more seats into the park.

I would hate to see the place completely destroyed, as I am a freak for all things old in baseball. I love the history of the game as much as I love the game itself. So, if they could sell it off to a new owner, for some other reasons and preserve and update the building a bit, then that would be cool.

But I hate to see it, like any other old building, torn down.

I went to the park this year with my boss. Free tickets, ya know. But anyway, not being a Cub fan made it a little bit better. I had to use the bathroom, so I waited until Shammie to get up to bat. Then I went on my way, passed a few blowing tumbleweeds in the tunnels, and found an empty bathroom and used the stalls. So if you happen to find yourself in that dump, just go when the Cubs are at bat!

As a kid those bathroom's terrified me! Nothing like being 6 years old and seeing some 75 year old dunk guys shlang hanging in your face.

Funny one though:

Would you believe I won tickets to a White Sox game from ESPN back when the Huge Show was on. They were having a "why the Cubs attract more than the Sox" contest. My email I sent in said that everybody knows that Wrigley is in the area of Chicago that is known for it's "homosexual" population and nightclubs, and since the Cubs are gay, that would explain the large number of turnouts.

They actually gave me free tickets for it! Though they didn't read it on the radio! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny one though:

Would you believe I won tickets to a White Sox game from ESPN back when the Huge Show was on. They were having a "why the Cubs attract more than the Sox" contest. My email I sent in said that everybody knows that Wrigley is in the area of Chicago that is known for it's "homosexual" population and nightclubs, and since the Cubs are gay, that would explain the large number of turnouts.

They actually gave me free tickets for it! Though they didn't read it on the radio!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's a great story! :D :lol: :cheers

Heh, brutal.

They need renovation, without a doubt. Problem is that even that won't get that many more seats into the park.

I would hate to see the place completely destroyed, as I am a freak for all things old in baseball. I love the history of the game as much as I love the game itself. So, if they could sell it off to a new owner, for some other reasons and preserve and update the building a bit, then that would be cool.

But I hate to see it, like any other old building, torn down.

I personally feel differently. It's just a dump that needs to be torn down, IMO. Lots of history, no doubt, but I don't understand why that kind of history needs to be kept. I mean, a history of losing is never fun for anyone....just ask me, I'm a White Sox AND Bills fan. I know the meaning of the word heartbreak as well as anyone here.