Draft Day 2 Thread - Rounds 3-10 (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

If they can round off the first ten rounds of the draft off with Bartnicki or Garrett McDaniels. That would would be awesome. So far really like the approach, really like the prep picks even though they're incredibly raw. I'm a fan of the Perez pick as well if we can get another Fry or Bummer that'd be great value for an 8th round pick.

3 minutes ago, beautox said:

If they can round off the first ten rounds of the draft off with Bartnicki or Garrett McDaniels. That would would be awesome. So far really like the approach, really like the prep picks even though they're incredibly raw. I'm a fan of the Perez pick as well if we can get another Fry or Bummer that'd be great value for an 8th round pick.

The minor league system needs an infusion of young talent that won't be ready until the middle to end of the current contention window, so that hopefully, they can extend that contention window. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Interesting Montas de Oca hasn't been drafted. I wonder how much over 100k he'll get (if any)

He has been chronically injured and has had a tough time throwing strikes coming back from all of his injuries.  Still throws hard, but a much bigger wildcard than he was in HS even with the TJ. 

Just now, harfman77 said:

He has been chronically injured and has had a tough time throwing strikes coming back from all of his injuries.  Still throws hard, but a much bigger wildcard than he was in HS even with the TJ. 

He had a good year and I figured as a senior he would round out a top ten with signability. Him not being drafted yet makes me think he's asking too much.

1 minute ago, harfman77 said:

As much as I love my alma mater, going with the Sox training staff would have been wiser.

C Gunnar Troutwine from Wichita State. They must've really scouted Bohm heavily, that's the second Wichita State player they've taken. I did watch some highlights of Wichita State in the leadup to the draft, his name came up a lot for crucial hits and XBHs.

Edited by Dam8610