Tigers @ White Sox

Kyyle23

Just now, kwolf68 said:

Geezus. What a laugh. Tell me again why this scrub Manaya is in this game?  

When the bullpen needs to pitch 3 innings every day everyone in the bullpen gets used. They dont have a choice.

Just now, ptatc said:

When the bullpen needs to pitch 3 innings every day everyone in the bullpen gets used. They dont have a choice.

Frye and Soria didn't pitch yesterday. You also don't use 3 better relievers in one inning if you know you have to use your worst guy in the 8th.

Just now, fathom said:

Frye and Soria didn't pitch yesterday. You also don't use 3 better relievers in one inning if you know you have to use your worst guy in the 8th.

I agree they shouldnt have used so many early. But again they cant have all the bullpen go an inning every night. 

Just now, ptatc said:

I agree they shouldnt have used so many early. But again they cant have all the bullpen go an inning every night. 

Yeah just seemed really odd to care so much about the 7th but then trust him so much for the 8th. Oh well, if it means more reasons for Ricky to be gone by 2020, then good.

Avilan and Rondon are credible pitchers...why the hell not let them pitch more in a tie game? Instead Ricky does 'situational pitching', which MAKES sense if you're winning, but is not worthwhile if you're tied/losing, because it means you have used up two pretty good pitchers and are left with slugs like Minaya. I am not blaming Renteria for the current state of affairs, but I hope they replace him at some point. This is just dumbass managing. 

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

just tuned in, looks like Lopez battled and didn't walk anybody, 9 hits, only 3K but that's a quality start over six innings, three runs.

Yeah, he didn't have his best stuff, at all. Velo on his fastball down consistently, but he hung in there. 

1 minute ago, BFirebird said:

Good effort by Iglesias just has no chance on that. 

He's damn good defensively. Has fantastic hands. 

Edited by Richie