Robert adjusting to life in the minors

caulfield12

"Dealing with postgame spreads involving pizza and burgers has been an adjustment for the healthy-eating Robert. That diet issue won't be as much of a problem for Robert once he reaches the Majors."

This quote caught my eye.

I understand its cheaper to not have diets planned for each minor leaguer, but you'd think they'd be interested in helping him maintain his healthy eating lifestyle considering they spent 26 million on him. 

3 hours ago, South Sider said:

"Dealing with postgame spreads involving pizza and burgers has been an adjustment for the healthy-eating Robert. That diet issue won't be as much of a problem for Robert once he reaches the Majors."

I understand its cheaper to not have diets planned for each minor leaguer, but you'd think they'd be interested in helping him maintain his healthy eating lifestyle considering they spent 26 million on him. 

Kinda how Eloy got a bit chubby before adjusting his eating habits. Hopefully the kid eats in moderation (although he's only 20, so the metabolism should still be very fast).

4 hours ago, South Sider said:

That and the reports that Robert used to be chunky, and scouts weren't a fan of his as a teenager because of it. He changed his body to become the huge prospect he is now.

This has come up on several of our prospects, especially the foreign born ones.  With the pittance they are paid, it makes no sense not to have a free, healthy food spread at every level.  Teaching that for all the players would be useful and it doesn't have to be expensive.  Eating fast food is not only often unhealthy, it is expensive compared to cooking it yourself.  

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://amp.mlb.com/282698212-luis-robert-adjusting-to-life-in-the-minors.amp.html

Confirmation the wrist injury is affecting his power numbers...not concerned about that, with his frame it will all come back eventually.

Considering he is coming off of injury, his play in the minors has been solid so far.