6/25 Games

Dunt

Just now, BFirebird said:

Thanks for the good updates. Looks like I will need to go back and rewatch this one. 

Fastball command is good, as even his misses have been close enough to get hitters to think about.  I can totally see him becoming a sinker baller in the majors and not necessarily a power pitcher.

Kopech got into trouble and then a wild pitch turning into an out at home likely ends his outing.  VERY good showing for him.  Kopech owes that Snyder guy a cookie basket, as he could have absolutely killed him on the slide into home.

Edited by fathom

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fastball command is good, as even his misses have been close enough to get hitters to think about.  I can totally see him becoming a sinker baller in the majors and not necessarily a power pitcher.

Interesting. That would kind of be like Covey no?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I still remain convinced based on these reports that Kopech would be doing the same jekyll and hyde routine in MLB, and flashing at times just as well.  He's a lot like Lopez IMO.  If he's commanding and has fastball velocity he's going to be good more often than not.  

Absolutely 100% fact here. He's really young and has missed a ton of time in his career already.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Absolutely 100% fact here. He's really young and has missed a ton of time in his career already.

Thing is there's really no reason to waste the service time.  They might as well keep him down the entire year IMO.  Just grab the year, fuck it.  He's not an Eloy like situation where the talent and skill is overwhelming and it will hurt development to not get some taste of MLB this year.