7/5/18 Sox @ Astros 7:10 PM

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I hope he reaches his defensive ceiling but I really don't buy into this gold glove second baseman that everyone's trying to sell. Obviously this error has nothing to do with that opinion. I think Moncada will be a better fielding 2B long term

You know he's playing SS right? A position he hasn't played in a few years...

Edited by SoxAce

Just now, SoxAce said:

2B. I don't trust him at SS and Timmy has been damn good.

I agree that Tim has been playing too well to move from SS. But I just believe that Moncada's defensive ceiling at 2B is just as high, if not higher, than Madrigal's

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I agree that Tim has been playing too well to move from SS. But I just believe that Moncada's defensive ceiling at 2B is just as high, if not higher, than Madrigal's

I'm going to get in trouble for this, but if Yoan is staying at 2nd and Timmy at SS, then Madrigal shouldn't have been the pick.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm going to get in trouble for this, but if Yoan is staying at 2nd and Timmy at SS, then Madrigal shouldn't have been the pick.

I bet the Astros were upset that they took Bregman when they had Correa and Altuve

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Eh, if by some chance all three pan out, it's a good problem. If we really thought he was the best pick, I'm cool with it.

Just now, SoxAce said:

This. If Moncada moves to 3B, so be it. But you don't pass on talent like that.

I think it would be Madrigal at 3B, honestly. It's not common that the already established player moves for the prospect. In this hypothetical, it's 2020 and Moncada has established himself defensively. Don't think it's too far-fetched. 

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Rondon may have saved his spot on the roster there.

Was really looking forward to Vieria or Hamilton soon. Oh well, the bullpen is taxed and Soria/Cedeno will be gone soon, so hopefully we don't have to wait too long