Cole Hamels traded to Cubs

BlackSox13

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

With that said, Theo is always lucky to have unlimited resources to cover for his terrible FA acquisitions

When does Billy Beane get his unlimited checkbook? I'd like to see what he can do with an owner that let's him spend any money.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not quite sure why Texas is basically giving Hamels away (bad minor leaguers and covering like 10 mil)

I mean, Hamels has been pretty bad this year, so the Rangers aren't losing anything, but I'm not sure why they are throwing in a ton of money if they aren't getting anything of value in return. Are they starving for money? I don't quite get it.

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I mean, Hamels has been pretty bad this year, so the Rangers aren't losing anything, but I'm not sure why they are throwing in a ton of money if they aren't getting anything of value in return. Are they starving for money? I don't quite get it.

Theo probably offered Daniels a job once Texas fires him

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Rollie Lacy and DJ Wilson are the two names I've seen.

Wilson is ranked as the Cubs 8th best prospect by Fangraphs. Lacy is not ranked at all. 

Thanks chilli! Trade doesn't look too bad for either team. Hamels performance and money doesn't warrant much of a return.