Luis Robert tearing it up in the AFL

Real

10 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Why the fuck would the Sox trade Eloy, a better prospect than Senzel, for Senzel?

No, that isn't what I meant at all. Eloy is #3, Senzel is right behind him at #4. Therefore, their value is very similar. I meant in a hypothetical trade, would you trade Eloy to another team for that package?

For example: If Rodon and Rutherford were on another team, would you trade Eloy for them? If the answer is no, then it isn't enough to land Senzel. 

It is about value and nothing more. I was in no way advocating swapping Eloy and Senzel. I was using them as a value comparison. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 hours ago, oldsox said:

Yes, he is.  If he gets off to a good start in 2019, and if Engel struggles at the plate, Robert should be in Chicago.

So you want Robert to skip AAA and most of AA if he gets off to a good start in AA next spring???? 

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

I'd love it if Robert crushed the minors in 2019 the way Jimenez did this year, but there's really no reason to rush him.

Performance wise, I think it’s time to push him. Remember we had to keep him in DSL for tax reasons. Health wise is my only concern.