Sox and Tribe Game #2

Just now, Chris Sale said:

Rodon is just cruising right now. His off speed stuff has improved dramatically. Eight strikeouts already!

He's had better pure stuff but this is the best I've ever seen his command.  He's throwing his breaking stuff exactly where he wants it 90% of the time it seems.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Demoting Yolmer after 5.games is ridiculous, but he is really bad batting right handed. 

They should at least platoon him.

This is my thought process. He's having a slow start. Doesn't merit a demotion. If he doesn't hit, fine. He's hitting 9th as he should be. BUT, he HAS to clean up his defense. That is the primary reason he is here, and with all the other bad defenders on this team, he needs to contribute at least that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's had better pure stuff but this is the best I've ever seen his command.  He's throwing his breaking stuff exactly where he wants it 90% of the time it seems.

If dude can stay healthy, I truly believe he will become the ace of this staff. Imagine him, Kopech, Cease, Lopez and a reinvented Giolito if the other day with him was any indication of anything. I'll take that.

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So is Rodon trade bait?  That's going to be a tough ass call.

No chance. You need him if you have any illusions of competing before 2022 even if he's just okay. 

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

If dude can stay healthy, I truly believe he will become the ace of this staff. Imagine him, Kopech, Cease, Lopez and a reinvented Giolito if the other day with him was any indication of anything. I'll take that.

We'll have him for what, one year by the time Cease can pitch a full year? 

Edited by ron883

1 minute ago, mqr said:

No chance. You need him if you have any illusions of competing before 2022

They'd be stupid not to if Lopez and Giolito continue to develop. 

OTOH, it seems a lot of pitchers league wide are coming out throwing slower than their spring velocities. Maybe it is just the cold weather, or maybe there's more to it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

We'll have him for what, one year by the team Cease is ready?

Idk, Cease will be up this year if he stays healthy and pitches as expected. Not sure what you mean by "ready." How many more years of control do we have for Rodon? I know he is a Boras client, but this isn't to say he doesn't sign an extension with us. It might be in his best interest to do so with his injury history.

Edited by Scoots

Just now, Scoots said:

Idk, Cease will be up this year if he stays healthy and pitches as expected. Not sure what you mean by "ready." How many more years of control do we have for Rodon? I know he is a Boras client, but this isn't to say he doesn't sign an extension with us.

He is a free agent after 2021. They should be hanging on to guys who can contribute in 20-21, not dumping them

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scoots said:

Idk, Cease will be up this year if he stays healthy and pitches as expected. Not sure what you mean by "ready." How many more years of control do we have for Rodon? I know he is a Boras client, but this isn't to say he doesn't sign an extension with us.

2021-22 offseason he is free.