***Day 2 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 3-10***

bmags

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They're probably going college until round 11

I could see that. Can only splurge on high upside prep lottery tickets so much at the top and still be able to not exceed bonus pool. Yet another reason why the league must do away with competitive balance picks.

Interesting that his velo spiked at the end of the year. Maybe we saw that when other teams didn't.

Can someone give me a couple sentence reminder on how the slots work?  Don't sign someone in the top 10, lose the slot value.  But can distribute the overall slot value in picks round 1-10 however you please?

Are there restrictions on picks in round 11+ in terms of overall dollar amount?  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can someone give me a couple sentence reminder on how the slots work?  Don't sign someone in the top 10, lose the slot value.  But can distribute the overall slot value in picks round 1-10 however you please?

Correct. When you sign the guy, you have the slot value in your pool. If you don't you don't get to use that slot value. After round 10, the first $125k doesn't count towards the pool, but anything over that does. However, going under $125k after round 10 doesn't get you anything added to your pool. So any money over $125k you plan on spending on picks after round 10 you better have accounted for in under slot deals in the first 10 rounds.

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Anything over either 100 or 150K after round 10 counts toward your bonus pool. That is all. 

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

Correct. When you sign the guy, you have the slot value in your pool. If you don't you don't get to use that slot value. After round 10, the first $125k doesn't count towards the pool, but anything over that does. However, going under $125k after round 10 doesn't get you anything added to your pool. So any money over $125k you plan on spending on picks after round 10 you better have accounted for in under slot deals in the first 10 rounds.

Thank you.  Just needed a quick refresher.

So if you sign a guy for $150K in round 15, the $25k will come out of your slot values for round 1-10?  

Nate
3:13
Keith, it is very strange to see the White Sox drafting players high up on your board. Does this indicate a change in strategy or are you secretly advising Rick and Nick?

Keith Law
Definitely not advising them, and I don't think they need my help either. Really strong draft for them so far.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:
Nate
Keith, it is very strange to see the White Sox drafting players high up on your board. Does this indicate a change in strategy or are you secretly advising Rick and Nick?

Keith Law
Definitely not advising them, and I don't think they need my help either. Really strong draft for them so far.

It's almost as if Hostetler wasn't involved at all......

• bmags unpinned this topic