Rangers and Sox Game Thread

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d do a sig bet, but it can’t be just on who we get for RF.  Puig is an acceptable short term signing if they go big elsewhere.

Expand it then.  I don't think they sign Cole or Bumgarner either.

Just now, Heads22 said:

I've said this before, but I lost my mom in April (I'm 31 and my dad died two years ago). Semi-competent White Sox baseball has helped me get through this spring, sad as it sounds.

Wow, that sucks man.  RIP.  Way too young.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Expand it then.  I don't think they sign Cole or Bumgarner either.

I don’t think Bumgarner is a bigger signing than say Wheeler.  Does he count?  Either way I’m totally game for something like that, let’s wait to closer to the end of the season though.  Got to be sure what the class looks as you never know what could happen with injuries, extensions, etc.

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I've said this before, but I lost my mom in April (I'm 31 and my dad died two years ago). Semi-competent White Sox baseball has helped me get through this spring, sad as it sounds.

Still with you dude

So we have seen what Yolmer can do.  Yes, he plays great defense.  But the dude is hitting .250 with a .330 OBP and a SLG around .300.  He doesn't have any value other than a cheap backup but he costs $5 million.

I was hoping Mendick would be playing this series, Rondon sent down. Sanchez in utility.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t think Bumgarner is a bigger signing than say Wheeler.  Does he count?  Either way I’m totally game for something like that, let’s wait to closer to the end of the season though.  Got to be sure what the class looks as you never know what could happen with injuries, extensions, etc.

Wow, you don't think Bumgarner is a bigger signing than Wheeler?  I guess it can be debatable who is a better signing but Bumgarner has a TON more perceived value than Wheeler.  Bumgarner will get paid more than Wheeler.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

So we have seen what Yolmer can do.  Yes, he plays great defense.  But the dude is hitting .250 with a .330 OBP and a SLG around .300.  He doesn't have any value other than a cheap backup but he costs $5 million.

The bad players continue to just be really bad.  Good news is none of the bad offensive players are expected to be here in 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wow, you don't think Bumgarner is a bigger signing than Wheeler?  It's arguable who is a better signing but Bumgarner has a TON more perceived value than Wheeler.  Bumgarner will get paid more than Wheeler.

Might as well get them both.  It's not like we couldn't use two or even three.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The bad players continue to just be really bad.  Good news is none of the bad offensive players are expected to be here in 2 years.

You can't bring back Yolmer at his salary.  Save money on your backup infielder and spend more on good starting position player/starting pitching/bullpen talent.  Our bench next year should be near minimum salary players.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

You can't bring back Yolmer at his salary.  Save money on your backup infielder and spend more on good talent.  Our bench next year should be near minimum salary players.

Hey, that's how u play it in simulation baseball as well!