Lol...Stroman to Mets

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The return felt light. I'm okay with it from the Mets side. Depending on what else they do I suppose.

I think it does a couple things for cheap

1. You just made teams who may be looking into Thor more desperate, by taking out the second best option, and you could probably get back 75-80% of what you gave up for Stroman in the offseason. 

2. You could do a lot worse than going into 2020 with DeGrom, Syndergaard, Stroman, Alonso, Nimmo, Conforto, McNeil. 

58 minutes ago, mqr said:

I think it does a couple things for cheap

1. You just made teams who may be looking into Thor more desperate, by taking out the second best option, and you could probably get back 75-80% of what you gave up for Stroman in the offseason. 

2. You could do a lot worse than going into 2020 with DeGrom, Syndergaard, Stroman, Alonso, Nimmo, Conforto, McNeil. 

I was thinking about that too. If they think they can compete next year, you're subbing out Stroman for Syndergaard which is a downgrade (granted this year Stroman is better and it sure does seem like Syndergaard misses time every year) but you probably get better prospects back than what you gave up for Stroman so you are improving your farm. And they could always sell off pieces next year if they want.

But in my opinion, they should tear it down.

Edited by soxfan2014