GT - (9/13) White Sox at Mariners, 9:10 pm, WGN

SoxAce

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I will believe Yolmer is gone when I see it.  

I think you are dead wrong here.  Why would the Sox pay Yolmer $5 to $6 million to do something that Mendick can do for $500K?  What’s the advantage to retaining him for one more year at that arbitration price when he won’t even be a starter for the majority of the season unless Madrigal gets injured?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

With Stone talking up Yolmer as the best defensive 2nd baseman in either league...probably thinking of trade to get something for him.

Fine, trade him for whatever you can get in the offseason.  It won’t be much if anything due to his arbitration cost and horrible year.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Tough crowd here. Engel gets an LOL for a home run and a "does it really matter" and Jose gets total crickets for homer 33 and RBI 113. U guys baffle me.

Probably because you are the only poster who truly cares about wins when the Sox are already eliminated.  Abreu doing well is nice because he will likely be around next year.  Engel is just a weak fourth outfielder.  It’s nice if he hits but you could improve on him as your fourth outfielder.