9/27- Sox vs Tigers, 4:00, NBCSC

flavum

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fulmer is incredibly frustrating. He'd be a good setup man if he had any clue where his shit was going. Even when he has a good inning it's because he's effectively wild. 

I agree. I think Ruiz and cordero could be deadly too

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agree on Cordero, disagree on Ruiz. Ruiz doesn't have an MLB quality secondary pitch. 

Cause the Damn pitching coach hasn't figured that out. You don't give up on that arm which is cheap

10 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Cause the Damn pitching coach hasn't figured that out. You don't give up on that arm which is cheap

He should be experimenting with every secondary pitch that exists and them narrow it down and experiment with different grips this winter. That is what the Rapsodo is for. They better have one. 

If they don't trade him in a package for a RF upgrade, I'd give Fulmer until Memorial Day to get his shit together before it is DFA time. He passes the eye test stuff-wise. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Quick question...do teams still get an extra man in September for double headers or not?  I assume not due to the expanded rosters already and the minors season being over?  Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Damn you, Wegner!

Just kidding. Yeah, no point in expanding. Minor league season is long over anyway.

9 minutes ago, flavum said:

Damn you, Wegner!

Just kidding. Yeah, no point in expanding. Minor league season is long over anyway.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Although, I am sure they could have called Despaigne...the guy never warmed up anyway.  Just give him a jersey and a ball and tank away. ^_^

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

Although, I am sure they could have called Despaigne...the guy never warmed up anyway.  Just give him a jersey and a ball and tank away. ^_^

True. A couple years ago they had to bring up Alburquerque and Volstad long after 9/1 when some other pitchers went down.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

True. A couple years ago they had to bring up Alburquerque and Volstad long after 9/1 when some other pitchers went down.

Haha, I had forgotten about Alburquerque.  He actually had me fooled that he could be an ok pitching piece at the end of that season.  And then they let him go.

I just looked him up...Al is pitching in the Mexican league.

2 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

AMEN, brother.  Screw the tankers.

This rebuild is progressing very nicely thus far and will bear even more fruit next year and the years after.  The difference between getting the 9th versus the 11th draft pick next year is of minimal importance.  Let's wrap up the season on a high note and win as many as we can.

This literally could not be more false.