Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.

Chicago White Sox

RF is more a short term spot for 2020. Go with a vet who hits LH and can also play CF or LF, as Robert and Eloy will need some days off. 

Like the names mentioned: Peralta; Pederson; Jackie Bradley, Jr. None of the names should be a huge cost in terms of talent. 

1 hour ago, beck72 said:

RF is more a short term spot for 2020. Go with a vet who hits LH and can also play CF or LF, as Robert and Eloy will need some days off. 

Like the names mentioned: Peralta; Pederson; Jackie Bradley, Jr. None of the names should be a huge cost in terms of talent. 

You get a guy who can also serve as back up CF, you don't have to carry Engel and can go with more of a hitter on the bench as backup OF.

Here are my ideas from my favorite to least favorite:

1)Ben Zobrist - Provides good at bats and good clubhouse presence.

2)Go with what we got and focus on pitching. Let Engel start in CF and Mendick in RF. Our farm is rich so if this doesnt work someone should be able to come up and play, or we can still try to make a trade in season.

3)Trade for Andrew Benintendi - a big upgrade and will improve club immediately.

4)Sign free agent Corey Dickerson

5)Sign free agent Josh Reddick

6)Trade for Brandon Nimmo

7)Trade for Arizona's Peralta  but be careful not to give away too much, Peralta is 32.

Edited by Chisox378

1 hour ago, beck72 said:

Polanco/Reddick the other lower cost options to acquire due to contract...Benintendi, probably not AS cheap as previously imagined.

Calhoun still the likeliest individual FA name.

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

2)Go with what we got and focus on pitching. Let Engel start in CF and Mendick in RF. Our farm is rich so if this doesnt work someone should be able to come up and play, or we can still try to make a trade in season.

3)Trade for Andrew Benintendi - a big upgrade and will improve club immediately.

6)Trade from Brandon Nimmo

7)Trade for Arizona's Peralta  but be careful not to give away too much, Peralta is 32.

Reddick is still under contract with Astros, $13 million...so money would be coming over with him from Houston, at least $3-4, touching $5 million.

Dickerson, Nimmo and Scooter Gennett shout-outs.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, beck72 said:

Dickerson

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

6)Trade from Brandon Nimmo

Why in the fuck do you think Mendick can be a competent RF?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How in the world is he a better hitter than Joc Pederson?

Well to begin with Reddick hit 26 points higher than Pederson and had more doubles.  Pederson has more HR. They are more similar than I thought. Either play is not a good fit especially if we have to trade pieces.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And not good.

If we get wheeler and push into a good bullpen, I would be okay with Reddick (again, apologies to @caulfield12) This would be to push into a big signing of Springer/Betts next year.

I am attracted to adding his 10% walk rate/12%k rate to our lineup, though for some reason I expect that k rate to go up..........

It's not plan A, obviously.

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Well to begin with Reddick hit 26 points higher than Pederson and had more doubles.  Pederson has more HR. They are more similar than I thought. Either play is not a good fit especially if we have to trade pieces.

Joc's on base was 20 points higher and slugging 129 points higher.  Wasn't a typo, 129.

• Heads22 changed the title to Sox in on Marcell Ozuna? I mean, maybe. Or not.