2.Bummer

3.Herrera

4.Fry

5. Fulmer

6.Marshall

7. Cordero

8.Ruiz

* 9.Covey, assuming we sign 2 starters, he gets moved to the pen

Who stays? Who goes? Who is tradeable? Who are the potential upgrades left?

If we start the season with Covey and Fulmer on the 26 man roster, THAT'S when I call this offseason a bust. We CAN NOT be considered actual contenders if we intend to keep totting those two out there.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I imagine some dude I have never heard of will emerge and be a solid reliever, as seems to have happened every year for the last couple. 

I’m sure we will see Burdi, Johnson, and Foster at some point as well. Plus you still have Schryver too, who did really well before being promoted to Charlotte. I’d still like to see them sign another solid proven arm. Not sure you can depend on Herrera bouncing back and Marshall staying as consistent as he was.

1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Hopefully Burdi, Hamilton, and maybe Fulmer surprise and perform well too

Tyler Johnson a name to watch on the Farm

If I remember correctly, Carson was looking pretty good when he came back last year, then he got hurt trying to hustle out a single in extra innings that one game.  But then he didn't look good again when he came back from that.  I still have hope he can help us in the pen.

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

If I remember correctly, Carson was looking pretty good when he came back last year, then he got hurt trying to hustle out a single in extra innings that one game.  But then he didn't look good again when he came back from that.  I still have hope he can help us in the pen.

Feel like the vast majority of us have written him off, but I know he's always seeking to fix issues and get better...we'll see

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Feel like the vast majority of us have written him off, but I know he's always seeking to fix issues and get better...we'll see

I actually liked that Carson was upset that they had moved him off the starting pitching track, yet quickly became determined to work hard to be a good reliever.  I will always root for the kid to really figure it out.  He's gotta throw strikes though.

• Like 2

My second half or Sept sleeper is Jacob Lindgren.  LHP.  Drafted second round by the Yankees in 2014 and made it to the majors in 2015.  Injuries wiped out all of 17-18.  Picked up off scrap heap and now 26.  Made it to High A.  Looks like never pitched back to back games but previously stuff was there.  At A+, 12 g  17.2ip with 17k and 4 w.  If stays healthy may have a chance.  Again, this is a very deep sleeper and with injury history certainly could get reinjured and be done.  It would make a good story.

Edited by BamaDoc
spelling

8 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

My second half or Sept sleeper is Jacob Lindgren.  LHP.  Drafted second round by the Yankees in 2014 and made it to the majors in 2015.  Injuries wiped out all of 17-18.  Picked up off scrap heap and now 26.  Made it to High A.  Looks like never pitched back to back games but previously stuff was there.  At A+, 12 g  17.2ip with 17k and 4 w.  If stays healthy may have a chance.  Again, this is a very deep sleeper and with injury history certainly could get reinsured and be done.  It would make a good story.

He’s no longer with the organization. Minor league FA if I’m not mistaken.

10 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Wonder if Cincy would have interest in Fulmer.  Their pitching coach came from Vandy and fixed alum Sonny Gray.  If we have to expose Carson to waivers, I bet they bite so maybe a winter swap when we can get something?

Do we want coins from the couch?  Maybe some old stale cheetos?

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

Do we want coins from the couch?  Maybe some old stale cheetos?

Getting something better than nothing.  Maybe a DSL flier or SS throw in?   Obviously he wouldn't have a lot of value so probably best to give him his last chance.  Just spitballing that they may be a team willing to give something.  Hell, I hope Carson is working with Vandy or some pitching guru this off season.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Then raise your expectations for the Sox ownership and front office...  because they can and should do better.

”The money will be spent.”

Here's the thing...I do have high expectations for the team. It probably doesn't come across that way for 2 reasons: I'm a very patient person (I have said and will continue to not cast judgment on this rebuild until it is sought through all the way and we see the end results), and I'm a younger fan than probably most of you. I haven't endured as much losing as most of you, so that probably helps my case. How I didn't jump ship after these last 8 years, I have no idea. I'm hooked on the idea of this rebuild, but if it fails, boy I'm as loyal to baseball and love it just as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure I will.be able to be a part of this organization's culture if this rebuild doesn't succeed.

10 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Here's the thing...I do have high expectations for the team. It probably doesn't come across that way for 2 reasons: I'm a very patient person (I have said and will continue to not cast judgment on this rebuild until it is sought through all the way and we see the end results), and I'm a younger fan than probably most of you. I haven't endured as much losing as most of you, so that probably helps my case. How I didn't jump ship after these last 8 years, I have no idea. I'm hooked on the idea of this rebuild, but if it fails, boy I'm as loyal to baseball and love it just as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure I will.be able to be a part of this organization's culture if this rebuild doesn't succeed.

If you don’t see which way this offseason is going, you haven’t been a White Sox fan long enough...

• Like 1
  • Love 1