Jason Bennetti Haters Club

HollywoodTim

3 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:

His voice is too high and dorky and he uses too many words.  I think the best he could do is something like "Gone!" really fast, and then let Stone take over.  He needs a "Seeya!" type HR call because the longer he speaks the more dorky he sounds.

I have seen a suggestion somewhere about Benetti (see I spelled his name correctly this time) using Hawk's signature calls. PLEASE GOD NO.  Just have the producer hit a button and add the replay Hawk call.  Or get another broadcaster entirely.  Or move him to the radio PBP.  I think he would work better with DJ anyway.  I don't know the new guy as I haven't had the radio on but maybe the Masur guy could do TV PBP instead.

You suck

• Like 4

I really don't like Soxmath and the prize shelf, but others do so that is fine.  I am good with Benetti.  He is a truly professional announcer who has overcome adversity, and he is a lifelong Sox fan which is a plus in my book.

• Like 2

There is no way I can hate or even dislike Jason. He still needs to grow but I have seen improvement. He can be a little bit of an entertainer and needs to let that go. He is doing a play-by-play after all. Overall, I think he does a good job, and comes across as a decent guy. 

I know some still miss Hawk, but Hawk he was a bit much at times. He even mentioned that he marched into the manager's office when Jerry Manuel was manager and started lecturing Manuel about game strategy. Hawk was not in the front office; he was in the booth. He had no business sticking his nose into Manuel's business. Stuff like this got old.

It was time for Hawk to retire; he couldn't have been connecting with younger fans by talking about the Sixties. Also Harry Carey embarrassed himself in various ways during his last years. I think Jason should have a chance to learn his job. If he doesn't continue to grow and fans are truly offended by him, he won't be able to hold onto his job. 

Finally, I have had a personal dealing with him and found him to be a decent person.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I asked me soon-to-be-wife about him and she loves him! 

I don't know if this is more uncomfortably feminine than creepy or more creepy than uncomfortably feminine behavior, but it's a lot of both

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Thad Bosley said:

Do you actually listen to any of the broadcasts featuring these two in the booth?  They have exhibited extraordinary chemistry in their broadcasting relationship, particularly in the past few years over the “rebuild” when the on-field product has been anything close to desirable.  They have both been vocal in their agreed-upon view of the team’s potential going forward.

BTW - anyone in agreement with SS2K5 that there is “just zero chemistry between” Jason & Stoney?

Considering the original post has 5 likes, plus a couple of comments agreeing to the same, I think there is your answer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gunzaan said:

I’m not agreeing with the reasons of the OP but it’s such a sad culture in today’s world. If someone has their own reasoning for an opinion that differs from your own, then it’s time to label it with trendy PC language like homophobe, incel or misogynistic and pretend to be terribly offended. 

It is pretty pathetic.  

When you imply that being gay or female is someone less than being straight or male, and that it is something to mock people about, that is EXACTLY what is happening.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I really DGAF about Jason mentioning the wives but the dude is a grade A cornball and when the team starts winning, and they will, it's time to get serious once and awhile.  Jason drives me nuts.  He's a bad combo of baseball illiterate and goofball.  He doesn't do the shtick half as much when he does national college basketball so I'm not sure why he thinks it plays better locally.

He's better than old Hawk (so anything post 2012, which broke him), but that's not saying much.  I hope he turns down the fucking shtick this year, but he seems to just be ramping it up.

Aren't you one of those guys that's constantly throwing fits in game threads? Maybe you're taking it too seriously. 

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When you imply that being gay or female is someone less than being straight or male, and that it is something to mock people about, that is EXACTLY what is happening.

OP was stating he doesn’t want to hear certain things, like about players wives, in his baseball broadcast. It’s his opinion. I didn’t catch where he was implying any of those subjects were less then other things. 

If you are someone who is actively looking to be offended by someone else’s opinion, chances are you can be offended and label other people often enough. So many people try and make everything black and white, while the reality of life is actually various shades of grey. Mock outrage at a difference of opinions is lazy.

But, that’s just my opinion, which isn’t special or unique - just like everyone else’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gunzaan said:

OP was stating he doesn’t want to hear certain things, like about players wives, in his baseball broadcast. It’s his opinion. I didn’t catch where he was implying any of those subjects were less then other things. 

If you are someone who is actively looking to be offended by someone else’s opinion, chances are you can be offended and label other people often enough. So many people try and make everything black and white, while the reality of life is actually various shades of grey. Mock outrage at a difference of opinions is lazy.

But, that’s just my opinion, which isn’t special or unique - just like everyone else’s.

Keep reading his comments past the OP.  Thinking people shouldn't crap on your lifestyle isn't "mock outrage" or whatever the cult is calling it these days.  It is common decency.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Keep reading his comments past the OP.  Thinking people shouldn't crap on your lifestyle isn't "mock outrage" or whatever the cult is calling it these days.  It is common decency.

To you. That’s your opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gunzaan said:

Hate and bigotry are not opinions.

tenor.gif?itemid=12272188

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Hate and bigotry are not opinions.

tenor.gif?itemid=12272188

you have no idea what hate and bigotry even are

enjoying a masculine viewpoint is almost impossible these days

it's good that the opinions of this board are actually not the opinions of general society

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Aren't you one of those guys that's constantly throwing fits in game threads? Maybe you're taking it too seriously. 

I'm not going to take silly bait this year except in game threads my man.  Game thread are their own entity.  

I'm not a fan of Jason everybody here knows it.  That's my opinion and I'm open to changing it if he cuts down the corniness and stops asking Stone to explain basic pitch sequencing over and over.

47 minutes ago, Gunzaan said:

right

I don't want to hear about what the players wives think

and a guy who is following their posts and talking about it socially is loudly immasculine to the point where it is difficult to listen to

then some other guy starts talking about his homoerotic dreams? 

and then other posts pile on, talking about personal insecurities etc

it's always amazing how any time a heterosexual male has a viewpoint he must always have these homoerotic inner fantasies or whatever according to all the metros who will criticize him for it

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gunzaan said:

To you. That’s your opinion.

You will learn that certain posters habitually ignore the context of posts they quote and then in their responses will proceed to make their own generalizations which fit their personal viewpoints and actually accuse *you* of doing what they are doing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

I don't know if this is more uncomfortably feminine than creepy or more creepy than uncomfortably feminine behavior, but it's a lot of both

it's actually neither

it is uncomfortably feminine and creepy when you start following other peoples wives and start asking them questions etc

• Haha 1

Just now, DirtySox said:

So is this person getting banned or do I need to put him on ignore?

ignore me and i'll ignore you too

if they ban me then they should banm the other posters baiting me into this by taking my comments out of context and assuming that a general dislike for an overly immasculine baseball announcer is somehow some form of hate, homophbia, bigotry, stance against women, etc. and all of the other nonsense posters like you are talking about

it's not like your opinions are going to be useful for anything.  hey by the way i'm glad we drafted a guy you don't like.  i bet he's great and you will have to suck on that one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HollywoodTim said:

it's actually neither

it is uncomfortably feminine and creepy when you start following other peoples wives and start asking them questions etc

this thread will be locked and you will be banned in a few minutes, but I do find your whole premise ironic when you seem to suggest asking women questions is creepy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

this thread will be locked and you will be banned in a few minutes, but I do find your whole premise ironic when you seem to suggest asking women questions is creepy.

this is exactly what i am talking about. you are piling on too also taking my comments completely out of context.  never once did i say it was creepy to ask women questions.  following the players wives around is.

• Haha 1

• Quin unlocked this topic