Go Florida

Soxfest

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he could never do radio because half of the time he sits there in silence while DJ babbles off useless information.

I agree with Jas, I liked Hawk and Whimpy, but now that they have DJ in there, Hawk has no one to carry him.

On the other hand, you must not listen to Rooney and Farmer very frequently.  Roons is real good at calling the ball off the bat and is widely known as one of the best play by play guys in baseball right now.  Even had the chance to go to a few other teams, but has remained loyal to White Sox radio.  Also does college basketball games and an occasional college football bowl game in the offseason.  Dude has talent, plain and simple.

Then maybe Ed Farmer is the one who can't tell a flyball from a HR. :huh:

I like Hawk because even in a blowout, he keeps you interested by talking about stories from when he played and about how the game was back in his day. I find it to be a good learning experience.

And Hawk doesn't need anyone to "carry him", but to each his own I guess.

No, he could never do radio because half of the time he sits there in silence while DJ babbles off useless information.

I agree with Jas, I liked Hawk and Whimpy, but now that they have DJ in there, Hawk has no one to carry him.

On the other hand, you must not listen to Rooney and Farmer very frequently.  Roons is real good at calling the ball off the bat and is widely known as one of the best play by play guys in baseball right now.  Even had the chance to go to a few other teams, but has remained loyal to White Sox radio.  Also does college basketball games and an occasional college football bowl game in the offseason.  Dude has talent, plain and simple.

I like Hawk because even in a blowout, he keeps you interested by talking about stories from when he played and about how the game was back in his day. I find it to be a good learning experience.

I'm with you I like Hawk a ton. I've even grown accustom to DJ. He isn't the best, but he's far from the worse.

I respect everyone's opinion.

A sox fan is a friend in my book...You like Hawk, I like Roons, we both like the Sox....

Let's drink to that.

:cheers :cheers :cheers