Take some time off boys, enjoy the pre All Star Game White Sox Winner!

South Side Hit Men

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I never expected Engel show power like this. You're right. This could be a breakthrough for him. Nearing the trading deadline, this team doesn't need outfielders. It needs at least one decent arm in the bullpen. I would prefer two, but that is asking too much.

Engel is built like an Ox.  Just had to figure out how to put bat on ball.  Great player he is. 

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Ruiz in the 10th after Hendricks spit the bit just doesn't do it for me.  We need another late innings arm.  Who is available...better than Kimbrel?

Yeah we need another solid arm. Bummer and Marshall will hopefully get the job done as well. But we need a solid 8th inning guy to stop the 8th inning foolery, and a 2nd baseman. 

16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah we need another solid arm. Bummer and Marshall will hopefully get the job done as well. But we need a solid 8th inning guy to stop the 8th inning foolery, and a 2nd baseman. 

We should all be 100% in agreement on this.

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

I think we will find that the Cubs are more rational than many here think.  Salary relief is big on their wish list.  Of course, absolutely every contender can use more pitching.

Um, it was a joke poking fun at the Cease plus for Peterson.  

Just realized there is no game until Friday. Miss the historical Thursday restart to the season. CBA allows for one Thursday post ASG game (teams can only be scheduled once for this within the years of the CBA contract). Should be specialty game like the Iowa game, a game in Cooperstown or somewhere else, rather than yet another installment of Red Sox Yankees in the Bronx.

Better Schedule:

• Sunday - All MLB games start at 3 EDT, 2 CDT (like the final regular season day schedule). Futures game played at 7 EDT (currently played when all other games are going on).
  • Monday - Celebrity or Old Timers Game followed by the HR Derby
  • Tuesday - All Star Game
  • Wednesday / Thursday - MLB Draft

Take advantage of the full five day window.