2022 Catch All

Texsox

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

These guys were caught by the CPD father of one of the kids robbed. 

If your goal is to steal a cell phone, don't do it in Mt Greenwood. 

Good to catch the crooks. I love my old Mt. Greenwood neighborhood. We didn't even have to lock our doors back then, Hopefully they'll be charged to the full extent of the law. ... I followed Bro Rice baseball Harry. Damn it's hard to win a state title in Illinois. You have to win so many games in football and baseball to claim the crown. Looks like the guys had one "bad" game. Any controversy regarding the game? Did the right guy pitch and all that? I heard Rice had one amazing pitcher. Obviously can't pitch the same guy every game. I watched some games on Rice TV. That catcher is amazing and of course Lausch. My prediction is he'll take the baseball money. That Rice team was dominant.

Edited by greg775

I don't remember where the VA came up before but this is the stuff they did to Agent Orange vets too.  They pretended it wasn’t real until many died and suffered needlessly. 

The data is unavailable because the US government classified it to cover their own gross negligence,  just like Vietnam. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-06-16/senate-set-to-enhance-benefits-for-vets-exposed-to-burn-pits?context=amp

Currently, more than 70% of disability claims related to burn pit exposure are denied by the VA due to lack of evidence, scientific data and information from the Defense Department.

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't remember where the VA came up before but this is the stuff they did to Agent Orange vets too.  They pretended it wasn’t real until many died and suffered needlessly. 

The data is unavailable because the US government classified it to cover their own gross negligence,  just like Vietnam. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-06-16/senate-set-to-enhance-benefits-for-vets-exposed-to-burn-pits?context=amp

Nice closed loop for the government.

One of my uncles actually was treated for agent orange exposure, but he never felt like they told him everything. It's hard not to blame anything that was wrong with him on agent orange even if it was unconnected when you don't know. 

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Be safe people. The criminals are bold in 2022. They're just coming up to you in your car and taking the vehicle. Sad what is going on on many levels. BE SAFE!

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/suspects-carjacking-victims-in-bridgeport-police

Public transportation is the answer. 

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Be safe people. The criminals are bold in 2022. They're just coming up to you in your car and taking the vehicle. Sad what is going on on many levels. BE SAFE!

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/suspects-carjacking-victims-in-bridgeport-police

No one believes this is the first time you have ever heard of a car jacking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

No one believes this is the first time you have ever heard of a car jacking.

Criminals are taking over Chicago, at least that's what my peeps in Chicago tell me and what I read in the Mt Greenwood Patch. Me no likey and I'd like my friends and family to be safe.

The new thing is attacking you then stealing your car at the gas pump. Be aware of surroundings; pump quickly and get out. With DA's letting these guys back on the streets, Americans have to protect themselves. If this stuff continues, everybody needs weapons. Owe it to yourself and your family to stay alive. This incident is all over Twitter.  Don't be afraid to use the pump to soak the perpetrators and their cars with gas as well.

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/story/news/crime/2022/06/16/3-charges-in-carjacking-in-warrington-attempt-in-doylestown-bucks-county-crime-gas-station-attacks/65361343007/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/10/8/22704266/carjackings-carjacking-crisis-chicago-cook-county-sheriff-tom-dart-toyota-camry-sunday-worst-day

https://www.fox29.com/news/chicagos-top-cop-says-60-percent-of-carjacking-suspects-are-juveniles

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

That's only going to affect the ultra-wealthy who can afford gas.

it would be nice if some of these carjackings ended in the robbers being shot in a certain area of the body to maybe make them think twice about carjacking since the DAs usually let the crooks back on the street.

Appalling ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8612317/Cook-County-prosecutor-Kim-Foxx-dismissed-25-000-felony-cases-including-Jussie-Smollett.html

Edited by greg775

26 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They will take my car when they pry the cold . . . 

Nah, I'll give it to them. Not worth the risk of fighting or pouring gas. 

Surprised you have that take. It's easy to just point the gas hose at them and drench them with fuel.

46 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Surprised you have that take. It's easy to just point the gas hose at them and drench them with fuel.

I'd be worried they would run and hug me. Then we both have gas on us. 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

The new thing is attacking you then stealing your car at the gas pump. Be aware of surroundings; pump quickly and get out. With DA's letting these guys back on the streets, Americans have to protect themselves. If this stuff continues, everybody needs weapons. Owe it to yourself and your family to stay alive. This incident is all over Twitter.  Don't be afraid to use the pump to soak the perpetrators and their cars with gas as well.

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/story/news/crime/2022/06/16/3-charges-in-carjacking-in-warrington-attempt-in-doylestown-bucks-county-crime-gas-station-attacks/65361343007/

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/10/8/22704266/carjackings-carjacking-crisis-chicago-cook-county-sheriff-tom-dart-toyota-camry-sunday-worst-day

https://www.fox29.com/news/chicagos-top-cop-says-60-percent-of-carjacking-suspects-are-juveniles

This is also not new.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Statistically, it was much worse. But you can't clutch your pearls based on that. 

Multiply Greg by several million, toss in some great Madison avenue targeted marketing, "Here's Your Man Card", and you understand the gun problem in America. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

The new thing is attacking you then stealing your car at the gas pump. Be aware of surroundings; pump quickly and get out…. Don't be afraid to use the pump to soak the perpetrators and their cars with gas as well.

If they steal my car while I’m pumping gas, I’ll be doubly pissed that they took off with $100 of my gas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Multiply Greg by several million, toss in some great Madison avenue targeted marketing, "Here's Your Man Card", and you understand the gun problem in America. 

I find it hard to understand how Americans can be so different. I am 100 percent worried about the carjacking problem and unabashed violence in cities and now suburbs. I personally find it impossible to believe you guys aren't concerned seemingly at all. It just shows the amazing divide in America and how the country probably really does need to split into several different countries. We are that different.

p.s. Another cousin of mine is abandoning Chicago. He and his wife are heading to Texas. Both are teachers and both are sick of the taxes, poor leadership in government and crime. I also have cousins who have headed to Arizona and Tennessee respectively and one great friend and his wife wanting out to San Diego if his adult daughter can get her life together so he can leave her. He is a very intelligent rich man having been one of the heads of the Fed in downtown Chicago. ... Also my nephew the firefighter in west chicago says the neighborhood is one big drug infested crime infested mess.

Edited by greg775

West Chicago is a pretty decent sized town with a lot of neighborhoods, which one are we talking about here?  I have friends that live in that town and they are in a very nice area near Prince Crossing road, I went to high school in west Chicago for my freshman year and went to middle school at Benjamin in west Chicago and the area was pretty nice around my middle school also.

what I am roundabout getting at is these anecdotal fear posts about where people live and the crime that is happening in those places suck.  Illinois isn't some icky pool of crime, Greg.  People aren't getting carjacked every ten seconds and your weird obsession with it from way out in Kansas is super strange 

• Like 1

Starting in the 1990s the gun industrial complex realized that hunters were a nice market but they could sell millions more by selling to the rest of America. They ratcheted up the advertising and within a couple years they dropped hunting related ads to about 10% of their overall budget.

The most iconic ad of that era appeared in Ladies Homes Journal. I forget the handgun, Baretta 9mm probably, it was sitting on the kitchen table with the tag line Home insurance. 

Companies are getting rich by making Americans afraid. 

Drug testing companies manipulate Americans into believing most people on assistance are drug users and we ought to buy millions of their drug testing kits. States discovered that most folks on assistance weren't drug users. 

We stopped locking up non violent drug offenders. The for profit prison industry convinced Americans to lock up undocumented workers. Another nice group of non violent offenders that they can profit from. 

There is a lot of money to be made by making America seem full of problems. 

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

p.s. Another cousin of mine is abandoning Chicago. He and his wife are heading to Texas. Both are teachers and both are sick of the taxes, poor leadership in government and crime. I also have cousins who have headed to Arizona and Tennessee respectively and one great friend and his wife wanting out to San Diego if his adult daughter can get her life together so he can leave her.

Kind of funny they’d be moving to California, Arizona and Texas which are full of murderous, thieving illegals from Mexico and Central/South America (if you believe the Republican propaganda). And if they don’t kill you, they take your job.

44 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Kind of funny they’d be moving to California, Arizona and Texas which are full of murderous, thieving illegals from Mexico and Central/South America (if you believe the Republican propaganda). And if they don’t kill you, they take your job.

greg is a professional murderer and thief, so it all checks out.

• knightni unpinned and locked this topic