2022 Catch All

Texsox

Parents. My mom mentioned a friend's son made the local house league all star game. The lady asked my mom if I ever did. My mom said no. 

Hey mom, maybe you could have added because I made the traveling team and we crushed the all star teams every time we played? 

They came to a road race I ran. Mom asked why I didn't finish with everyone else.  Mom, I was finished a couple minutes ago, you missed it. BTW I won. 😂

On 4/30/2022 at 2:34 PM, Texsox said:

Parents. My mom mentioned a friend's son made the local house league all star game. The lady asked my mom if I ever did. My mom said no. 

Hey mom, maybe you could have added because I made the traveling team and we crushed the all star teams every time we played? 

They came to a road race I ran. Mom asked why I didn't finish with everyone else.  Mom, I was finished a couple minutes ago, you missed it. BTW I won. 😂

This is a phenomenal post on many levels. In three short lines it says so much. You are not a born loser but it'd make a good strip on the Born Loser cartoon. Mom not knowing you won the race is amazing.

Figured this topic was for catch all. 

Time to support our comedians. So Chris Rock gets slapped during an awards show by somebody in the crowd coming up on stage. So the amazing Dave Chappelle gets tackled by somebody in the crowd who charges Chappelle during his act on stage. The guy who tackled Chappelle had a knife in his backpack.

So no charges against the guy who slapped Rock, And some horrific DA wont' charge the guy who tackled Chappelle with a felony, just lesser charges. Hey folks, time to support our comedians if we want to have comedy in the future. This DA should be replaced NOW in LA for not throwing the book at the guy who could have killed Chappelle.

Who is this DA catering to? It said his campaign was funded by Soros. What is Soros' problem? For some reason nobody can explain to me, this Soros guy wants no serious charges against violent criminals. He is against prisons. Is anybody really for this? Heaven help us all.

SUPPORT YOUR COMEDIANS. Let them tell their damn jokes folks. Quit charging them on stage. Quit taking yourselves so seriously. Humor is a good thing and Dave Chappelle is a genius comic.

Edited by greg775

Thank you G7. As an improv actor doing a show with a lot of audience participation it is currently something we don't talk about. I guess we believe the likelihood is very remote. Plus, since the venues we play in typically serve alcohol were not carrying. 

It's been years since a tennis player or Olympic figure skater has been attacked so maybe these are passing fads. Hopefully whatever profession they pick next won't be yours.

I didn't see a horse racing thread in the sports section and didn't want to start one just for this but while we were watching the improbable comeback by the Sox, a last-minute entry, 80-1 longshot won the Kentucky Derby. If you picked all four of the top finishers correctly in order, that paid over 300K to 1.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 2:44 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Greg, that's some Boomer word salad right there.  

Don't agree. Also what's the deal with comics apparently becoming extinct once Boomers die out? What's wrong with comedy? People need to lighten up and laugh at Chappelle's stuff and not want to kill him or beat him up during his performances. Do non Boomers think it's OK Will Smith was allowed to stay at the Oscars and even receive an award AFTER he slugged Chris Rock, another comedian?

I would hope all age groups would learn to enjoy good comedy. If you slug somebody you should be charged in a court of law. Case closed as far as I see it.

Edited by greg775

On 5/6/2022 at 5:03 AM, Texsox said:

Thank you G7. As an improv actor doing a show with a lot of audience participation it is currently something we don't talk about. I guess we believe the likelihood is very remote. Plus, since the venues we play in typically serve alcohol were not carrying. 

It's been years since a tennis player or Olympic figure skater has been attacked so maybe these are passing fads. Hopefully whatever profession they pick next won't be yours.

I'm the kind of guy who will jump up and confront protesters if they come to my Mass to protest by disrupting Mass. If I get shot I get shot I guess. I am the kind of guy who would try to tackle somebody trying to charge my priest or charge a comedian or actor or athlete if I saw a fan preparing to run on the court. I would try to protect you improv actors as best I could.

So I don't know if anyone is nuts like me, but the next full solar eclipse in the United States is April 8, 2024.  The band goes through extreme southern Illinois and Southern to mid Indiana.  For places which are taking reservations two years in advance, they have already mostly been sold out for a month solid now.  BUT at least one of the Indiana State Parks (Brown County) just had a few rooms in their inn and cabins available.  The downside is you pay a night in advance as a deposit.  The one thing I will say is that everyone who did this a few years back mentioned the nightmare that traffic was last time around, so planning in advance might be a good idea.

https://us01.iqwebbook.com/AMLIN276/~/

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

So I don't know if anyone is nuts like me, but the next full solar eclipse in the United States is April 8, 2024.  The band goes through extreme southern Illinois and Southern to mid Indiana.  For places which are taking reservations two years in advance, they have already mostly been sold out for a month solid now.  BUT at least one of the Indiana State Parks (Brown County) just had a few rooms in their inn and cabins available.  The downside is you pay a night in advance as a deposit.  The one thing I will say is that everyone who did this a few years back mentioned the nightmare that traffic was last time around, so planning in advance might be a good idea.

https://us01.iqwebbook.com/AMLIN276/~/

That's a lot of effort to go to just to be in Indiana on a cloudy day in April.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, CentralChamps21 said:

That's a lot of effort to go to just to be in Indiana on a cloudy day in April.

I'm always impressed by people who have their acts together to plan that far out.

Is it OK to start a thread within a thread? I don't want to get in trouble cause I have no ulterior motives to discuss politics or anything. Just a Covid question. ...

I see this expert says more boosters are coming and we need to get them. Sounds ominous re. the spread in fact if Americans don't re-up their booster immunity. My question to you is ... how many boosters have u gottem so far and will u get more? You don't need to add your reasoning as it will get the thread derailed and locked. 

For starters, I've gotten 3 shots and am wondering a.) have I blown it already by not getting shot No. 4? And when do u figure I should line up for shot 4 and ultimately according to the article here, shot 5? I'm a bit concerned if this article is correct cause I am starting to think many Americans are pretty much done with vaccines/shots. Peace be with everybody.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-interview-us-vulnerable-covid-195842741.html

Edited by greg775

On 5/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, Texsox said:

I'm always impressed by people who have their acts together to plan that far out.

Me too. As a frequent traveler, however, I am saddened and appalled that hotels have changed their policies for the most part. Generlly with the big chains, you have to pay one night a week or two before your arrival date. It used to be you could cancel up til 5 pm on the day of arrival. Sad times. My flight got canceled one time during covid and I canceled my trip and still had to pay one night hotel. I even sent a letter with proof plane was canceled. Still had to pay and am honors member.

I just did one of those old guy things. I love my truck, but disliked all the chrome. I was planning on having the wheels powder coated. To get a better deal on the powder coating I started to really clean them. I use mostly Chemical Guys products and they recommend their light metal polish. 

Two hours later I really like the chrome and cancelled getting the wheels done. No one under sixty has chrome wheels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I just did one of those old guy things. I love my truck, but disliked all the chrome. I was planning on having the wheels powder coated. To get a better deal on the powder coating I started to really clean them. I use mostly Chemical Guys products and they recommend their light metal polish. 

Two hours later I really like the chrome and cancelled getting the wheels done. No one under sixty has chrome wheels. 

Under thirty

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I need a pickup for towing so I'm stuck with 20 mpg. 

The new LIghtning (All Electric) F150 I believe can tow up to 10,000 pounds (not sure how many miles on a charge).  I have no idea how it will hold up - but it is a sweet truck and will be on my list here in a couple years when we replace our older Hyundai Hybrid (I've been wanting a truck for forever but couldn't justify it with the gas prices - but if I can get an electric with good range - I am good with one electric and one hybrid car in our family.  

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The new LIghtning (All Electric) F150 I believe can tow up to 10,000 pounds (not sure how many miles on a charge).  I have no idea how it will hold up - but it is a sweet truck and will be on my list here in a couple years when we replace our older Hyundai Hybrid (I've been wanting a truck for forever but couldn't justify it with the gas prices - but if I can get an electric with good range - I am good with one electric and one hybrid car in our family.  

They are nice. The challenge is charging while camping. We typically spend have our time off grid and remote. When portable solar charging is efficient it would be am amazing choice for me.

My nephew in California just took delivery last week of a Rivian. Traded in his Model 3. My oldest is on the Riv waiting list. I'm excited to see those. 

• knightni unpinned and locked this topic