2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Chark

Ok - That isn't actually as bad as I thought, because a bunch of money was spent today so available cap space is shrinking so maybe they can get someone for not as bad as I though (knowing they to also address in draft).  

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Ok - That isn't actually as bad as I thought, because a bunch of money was spent today so available cap space is shrinking so maybe they can get someone for not as bad as I though (knowing they to also address in draft).  

They have to sign at least 2 WRs. They can't go into the draft with only 2 WRs on the roster. 

I'd imagine one will be Juju or Chark and the other will be someone like Demarcus Robinson. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

4th highest paid wideout in the league I believe. Crazy money. Sounds like Robinson might be headed to Chiefs on a 3yr deal.  I liked Kirk a lot - but not $18M a year good.  That said - they need a wideout. Landry to me (if you can get him for less guarantee / less years) isn't such a bad play.  Curious to see what Bears do here.  

Holy crap why pay that much for Kirk?!?

28 minutes ago, staxxington said:

Holy crap why pay that much for Kirk?!?

I have no idea. But they basically gave WR1 money to a WR2/3 slot receiver. He's never had a 1,000 yard season - not even in the 17 game season last year. When the Cardinals needed him to step up his performance with Hopkins out for multiple weeks last season, he did not - proving he's nothing close to a WR1.

Don't know how much money is guaranteed but this could be one of the worst NFL contracts ever. Not to mention it'll drive the price up for actual WR1's. I can see Davante's and Deebo's agents asking for 30 mil a year now.

James Daniels went for 3YR 8M per with Steelers. Reasonable price but I presume Poles is setting the bar that I'm not going to just run the same guys or something close to the same out there and/or must have had a different view of Daniels.  

Chark signing for a reasonable 1YR deal with Lions is interesting.  I am presuming Bears are going to sit around and see who they can get on shorter-term deals while they obviously target the draft.  I am curious who the Bears are in-on / what we will see happen here. I have a feeling we'll see a ton of moves from Bears, especially as we pivot into next week.  

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

James Daniels went for 3YR 8M per with Steelers. Reasonable price but I presume Poles is setting the bar that I'm not going to just run the same guys or something close to the same out there and/or must have had a different view of Daniels.  

Chark signing for a reasonable 1YR deal with Lions is interesting.  I am presuming Bears are going to sit around and see who they can get on shorter-term deals while they obviously target the draft.  I am curious who the Bears are in-on / what we will see happen here. I have a feeling we'll see a ton of moves from Bears, especially as we pivot into next week.  

I’m glad the bears aren’t the jaguars but I hope we aren’t going to trot out the 2017 bears

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m glad the bears aren’t the jaguars but I hope we aren’t going to trot out the 2017 bears

I think they will spend - just not day 1. Poles literally said he likes B/C and that means waiting for the market to set itself and than trusting your scouting of those remaining targets. With that said - Browns cut a vet center who could be a nice fit and obviously Armstead is still out there (he's real good - but can Bears actually keep him healthy). 

JuJu is still out there - who I would love, especially if you could get him on the shorter term (i.e., 3 year dealing).  Myles Jack is also interesting - pair him next to Roquan and presume you probably can get him for a reasonable price (given he's cut as teams cap spaced is already dissapearing).  

28 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Is he any good? Seems like a good use of money (2 Yr 8M with 1st year fully guaranteed). He plays center & guard and started 28 games over past 2 seasons for Packers.  If nothing else - very good depth move that can help if they miss on some of the bigger targets they chase or if Borom doesn't pan out at guard like they hope.  

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Missed all of last year with Raiders but went from undrafted to a pretty solid depth guy (at a minimum).  Presume cheap so can't complain with the signing and still young. Presume cost very low resources so again, no arguments here.  

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Is he any good? Seems like a good use of money (2 Yr 8M with 1st year fully guaranteed). He plays center & guard and started 28 games over past 2 seasons for Packers.  If nothing else - very good depth move that can help if they miss on some of the bigger targets they chase or if Borom doesn't pan out at guard like they hope.  

He's a solid player.  Plays a decent center, but I think he is best a right guard.  

He has had to come in because of injury and always held up, including all of last year.

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hopefully I'll be retired and gone by the time this is ready to go. I really don't want to pay another PSL, but probably will if I'm still here.

Edited by ptatc

On 3/14/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jack Parkman said:

They have to sign at least 2 WRs. They can't go into the draft with only 2 WRs on the roster. 

I'd imagine one will be Juju or Chark and the other will be someone like Demarcus Robinson. 

Honestly - what If they went Juju, Valdez and a draft pick. I think that could happen. I saw someone else suggest Juju, Arob, 2nd rounder and that isn’t a bad dynamic with Mooney. Reality is first is more likely and I do like Mooney, Juju (just stay healthy) and a rookie. Juju is money in the slot and I think he compliments Mooneys game well.

I will say - with the money Miller and these pass rushers got - I am really curious what they could get for Quinn. 

28 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Honestly - what If they went Juju, Valdez and a draft pick. I think that could happen. I saw someone else suggest Juju, Arob, 2nd rounder and that isn’t a bad dynamic with Mooney. Reality is first is more likely and I do like Mooney, Juju (just stay healthy) and a rookie. Juju is money in the slot and I think he compliments Mooneys game well.

I will say - with the money Miller and these pass rushers got - I am really curious what they could get for Quinn. 

If I were Poles, I'd try to get JuJu, MVS and Demarcus Robinson, and aim to get either Watson or Pickens with pick 39. Poles seems to put a premium on speed. 

Also, if they're available I'd look into moving a late rounder for either Shenault or Mims. 

Honestly, if they had a WR room of: 

Mooney

JuJu

MVS 

D. Robinson

Shenault/Mims 

I could live with not drafting a WR in the 2nd round. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I feel like the Bears are just waiting on the Armstead domino to fall. 

Obviously there's more to be added than just him, but I think a lot depends on whether or not they can land him. 

It seems like Armstead is going to stay in New Orleans - with Watson looking more and more likely to be headed there. 

As for WR. I love the  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

It seems like Armstead is going to stay in New Orleans - with Watson looking more and more likely to be headed there. 

That's what I think too, but man, how are the saints gonna clear the cap? They already have to clear 5M just to get Watson. 

3 minutes ago, scs787 said:

As for WR. I love the  

That's what I think too, but man, how are the saints gonna clear the cap? They already have to clear 5M just to get Watson. 

Once they get Watson - they restructure his deal and can create a bunch of space. The hard work is getting the $35M free to start so they can take him - once they get him (as his contract is currently established) - than they can get creative and spread things into a more cap friendly deal which would give them space for Armstead (presumably).  

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic