2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

Bears not trading for or signing Trent Williams the last 2 years when they were "in the discussion" really sucks. Just saw where he was rated as the top player in the NFL last year. Like not just the top LT, but the top player overall. 

Oh what coulda been. It only costed a 3rd and a 5th, so at this point you coulda had Williams and a different high pick not named Tevin Jenkins. 

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think Brown signed with Patriots. 

so this didn't happen, so weird. I could swear I've seen agreements made with Brown and Matheiu but apparently neither happened

Random outside the box thought here. Jadeveon Clowney has said in the past that he loves matching up against guards and has played the 3 tech I'm some sets.....What do we think about bringing him in to play inside? Or maybe bringing him in as a DE who shifts inside on passing downs? 

He's not that much smaller than Buckner who was a beast in Indy. 

With Armstead off the board the bears have money to play with. 

Bears have shown interest in Honey Badger this off-season too.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

so this didn't happen, so weird. I could swear I've seen agreements made with Brown and Matheiu but apparently neither happened

You sir are thinking of Trent Brown who did indeed resign with the Pat's. Duane was a Seahawk and is still available. 

2 minutes ago, scs787 said:

You sir are thinking of Trent Brown who did indeed resign with the Pat's. Duane was a Seahawk and is still available. 

Yes that's what it was! Not sure where the phantom Matheiu signing happened.

I just don't see paying that much cap space to a wide receiver in the case of Oakland, Miami working out well.

Hill, Adams definitely aren't just boiler plate WRs, but I still think you hit a breaking point in team balance for both teams where you gotta take the cap space + draft capital.

Excellent trade, desperately needed a play maker like that for Tua

I dont even care about the picks, we still have 2 firsts next year. The money is whatever as well, theres always a way to work around the cap.

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Excellent trade, desperately needed a play maker like that for Tua

I dont even care about the picks, we still have 2 firsts next year. The money is whatever as well, theres always a way to work around the cap.

Yeah that's why the dolphins just got Tyreek Hill, because the cap is whatever.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah that's why the dolphins just got Tyreek Hill, because the cap is whatever.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or mocking me, but for reference before this trade and extension Miami had 6 million in cap room.

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or mocking me, but for reference before this trade and extension Miami had 6 million in cap room.

If the cap can always be maneuvered, why was Tyreek Hill just traded?

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

If the cap can always be maneuvered, why was Tyreek Hill just traded?

Just because the Chiefs could have kept him, doesn't mean they wanted to do so at the cost. Then of course there was the compensation headed back to them that helps making that decision as well.

The Chiefs have a QB on a massive contract as well as a handful of others with very large cap hits, Miami doesn't have that QB contract currently. I didn't mean the cap is non-existent, but for a lot of these large contracts you can still maneuver around to do what you need to do.

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is wonderful, the Packers and Chiefs have 2 late 1sts and no WRs. 

By the time the Bears pick at #39 there might not be any WRs worth the pick left. 

This is considered one of the deepest WR drafts in recent memory (not to mention THE fastest with these WR). Bears will get a good WR.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

This is considered one of the deepest WR drafts in recent memory (not to mention THE fastest with these WR). Bears will get a good WR.

That doesn't mean that a lot of the talent won't go off of the board in the mid to late 1st round though. 

38 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That doesn't mean that a lot of the talent won't go off of the board in the mid to late 1st round though. 

Sure talent will go off, but alot of guys who would be 1st round picks in alot of other draft years will still be on the board by the time the Bears pick. That's the point.

Edited by SoxAce

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Sure talent will go off, but alot of guys who would be 1st round picks in alot of other draft years will still be on the board by the time the Bears pick. That's the point.

This offseason needed to be about giving Fields the tools to be successful, and Poles has completely failed there. 

They need weapons and blocking, and they have very little. The OL is probably worse than it was last year as it stands right now. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This offseason needed to be about giving Fields the tools to be successful, and Poles has completely failed there. 

They need weapons and blocking, and they have very little. The OL is probably worse than it was last year as it stands right now. 

Seamless moving on to something else you are mad about when the other thing you were mad about hit a dead end

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 2022 NFL Season thread
  • knightni changed the title to 2022-23 NFL Season thread
  • bmags locked this topic