Luis Robert mild groin strain, status TBD

Balta1701

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's about the best possible news.

I don't do much tweeting. Who is Daryl Van Schouwen? Does he really not understand the difference between a homestand and a homestead? Or is he just being clever?

EDIT: OK Sun-Times guy. Still don't get the malapropism. Or is that his version of a Hawkism?

Edited by FoxForce2

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It's good news, but reality is he's likely going to miss more than 3-4 games. He'll be out a week and a half is my prediction. PTATC? Comment?

They haven't 10-dayed him yet. But yeah. it wouldn't surprise me if they post-dated it.

Edited by FoxForce2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I don't do much tweeting. Who is Daryl Van Schouwen? Does he really not understand the difference between a homestand and a homestead? Or is he just being clever?

He is the Chicago White Sox beat reporter for the Chicago Sun Times newspaper. 

Presumably he had an autocorrect issue, in that he typed a tweet onto his phone while standing in a room listening to LaRussa and a minor typo in that tweet caused autocorrect to convert the word homestand into a close but different word guess, then he tweeted it before he saw the typo - in part because he's multitasking and trying to not miss anything else LaRussa says.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

He is the Chicago White Sox beat reporter for the Chicago Sun Times newspaper. 

Presumably he had an autocorrect issue, in that he typed a tweet onto his phone while standing in a room listening to LaRussa and a minor typo in that tweet caused autocorrect to convert the word homestand into a close but different word guess, then he tweeted it before he saw the typo - in part because he's multitasking and trying to not miss anything else LaRussa says.

See my edit. No, I believe I've seen him use the term before in posted tweets.

Edited by FoxForce2

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Back on Tuesday. Only good White Sox related things that happened today were this and Vaughn hitting another bomb.

We ain’t this bad folks. It’ll get better. Breathe.

Stupid is as stupid does.

The past week, we've sure looked 'this bad'.

31 minutes ago, hi8is said:

As much as I LOVE Forrest Gump quotes… that article was a better read. 😆

The SI article is worthwhile and asks the right question of "Does April play-performance matter in the big picture of a team's end-of-season results?" but too broad brush to depict a possible correlation between poor/good starts and end results with a valid degree of precision. I'm limiting the focus to the playoff era; taking the playoff teams and then jumping backwards to the start of the season to see if any meaningful connection can be made. Obviously, even if a parallel can be fleshed out, there are the questions of why and how to be resolved, i.e. the dynamics of a team's performance - injuries, trades, morale, and so on over the course of a season have to be considered.

Edited by FoxForce2