6/26 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
2 hours ago, bmags said:

Absolutely wild that Logan Glass, who just had put nothing together across his first several years in A ball, is called up on an emergency level to Charlotte and is smoking XBH all over the place.

Clearly something is in the water in Charlotte.

Can we send...everyone but Tim down for a while.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jose Rodriguez now up to .251 average, but still single heavy. Maybe Menechinos been in his ear.

I am very excited about Popeye and don't mean this as a criticism, but he has such a White Sox hitting profile. 52% gb rate, very high oppo rate, tons of contact, never walk, no power. He'd be fitting right in at the big league level.

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I am very excited about Popeye and don't mean this as a criticism, but he has such a White Sox hitting profile. 52% gb rate, very high oppo rate, tons of contact, never walk, no power. He'd be fitting right in at the big league level.

I think it's fine to criticize it, as they get up the chain their profile starts to become real. The reason I brought up his Krate being stable at a good 17% is that it would be more worrisome to me that he could still add power if he was K'ing 30%+, or that he could find some additional patience. He's at least moved to the part where he is making good contact, in June he has a .280 avg and only an 11% k rate.

So he can be more aggressive in taking some cuts without spiraling into uselessness territory, and take some more pitches without the same worry. Hopefully he does it, but he can repeat AA again and it'd be fine. He could stay in it for 3 more years and still be ahead of where Mendick was level wise.

• bmags unpinned this topic