4 teams called Conforto post-draft

South Side Hit Men

if conforto was truly healthy he'd be signed right now. i have no doubt. the fact that he's not and it's august 6? You'd have to feel comfortable as a contending team that you sign him, he goes to the minors for a month, and then does a few weeks in regular season. You're not sticking him cold into a playoff lineup. The window is closing, and closing fast. if he's not signed in the next 10 days i think he's out for season

8 minutes ago, he gone. said:

if conforto was truly healthy he'd be signed right now. i have no doubt. the fact that he's not and it's august 6? You'd have to feel comfortable as a contending team that you sign him, he goes to the minors for a month, and then does a few weeks in regular season. You're not sticking him cold into a playoff lineup. The window is closing, and closing fast. if he's not signed in the next 10 days i think he's out for season

You’d have to basically count on nothing for this season. It would be a move for next year. Obviously they need help this year but that ship has sailed.

15 minutes ago, he gone. said:

We know he isn't healthy.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Totally agree. 

And obviously we would rather have them just spend on someone great. But you can point at the star outfielders in this year’s free agent class and I’ll point to which players they won’t sign. They’re more likely to gamble on a cheaper guy like Conforto looking to rebuild value for a year than sign Judge.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And obviously we would rather have them just spend on someone great. But you can point at the star outfielders in this year’s free agent class and I’ll point to which players they won’t sign. They’re more likely to gamble on a cheaper guy like Conforto looking to rebuild value for a year than sign Judge.

I do think signing a couple of lefties is a must. If the shift is gone next year and someone actually plays 2B instead of short RF, some guys are going to get a lot more hits.

• Like 1