Chris Johnson will coach with MLB team

southsider2k5

I assume it's hitting coach given the ML Field coordinator news we got earlier.  I'm more Charlie Romero curious when it comes to Sox MiLB hitting coaches, but I literally know nothing.  Maybe they're going to hire Andy Barkett and make Johnson his assistant?   Whoever it is has one hell of a big job ahead of them.

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

I assume it's hitting coach given the ML Field coordinator news we got earlier.  I'm more Charlie Romero curious when it comes to Sox MiLB hitting coaches, but I literally know nothing.  Maybe they're going to hire Andy Barkett and make Johnson his assistant?   Whoever it is has one hell of a big job ahead of them.

Is ML major league or minor league field coordinator? 

Tosar isn’t the hitting coach, so is it safe to assume Johnson will be?  Major League Field Coordinator also sounds like a newly created position in the Sox org.  Is this common elsewhere and I’ve just never heard of it?  Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with implementing an org wide hitting philosophy but I’m totally guessing. 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Tosar isn’t the hitting coach, so is it safe to assume Johnson will be?  Major League Field Coordinator also sounds like a newly created position in the Sox org.  Is this common elsewhere and I’ve just never heard of it?  Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with implementing an org wide hitting philosophy but I’m totally guessing. 

I think they created the title for Tosar so they would be able to get him out of KC. I imagine that Tosar would oversee the hitting coach(es).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I think they created the title for Tosar so they would be able to get him out of KC. I imagine that Tosar would oversee the hitting coach(es).

That was my take as well. KC could block a lateral move so it had to be a promotion. The only "normal" promotions from hitting coach are bench coach and manager, which were already filled, so they had to create another position above the hitting coach.

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

That was my take as well. KC could block a lateral move so it had to be a promotion. The only "normal" promotions from hitting coach are bench coach and manager, which were already filled, so they had to create another position above the hitting coach.

KC changed their manager themselves though, so it's hardly guaranteed that they would insist on the same coaches staying.