Flash update

southsider2k5

According to the Sox, they had offered him 2 years at $5mil, and have since upped the offer to $6 mil for the two years.  But Flash seems to think he can get $5 mil a year.

I think that offer is more than fair, considering his track record of arm troubles.

If he feels he can get more, best of luck to him.

Paying him $5 mil isn't going to work with our finances.

I read the article that stated that he wanted 5 mil also. I really don't think the sox will give him that kind of money, especially with koch making 6.5 next year. Plus flash has stated that wherever he ends up either with the sox or someone else that he wants to be strictly the closer. With the sox i see them giving koch another shot, I am hearing that Koch has his fast ball in the mid 90's and has no arm problems at this time. I have a feeling koch is going to come back strong. If we let gordon go, we need to at least resign sully!

Gordon was great this year, but there's no doubt in my mind he's going to go with a different team. A team that needs a closer. We have ol' Billy, we just got lucky this year that we had Gordon to turn to when Koch imploded. This year we could always use Marte, if Koch implodes again, guy can do two innings just like Rivera can.

Oh brother.

Flash can burn in hell for all I care if he wants $5 mill a year. Go to the Phillies or the Devil Rays or the Yankees....I just hope the Sox don't pay him $5 mill a year. That would be dumb as hell at his age with his history. One wrong move, and we would have Billy Koch Jr on our hands....people can hit a 93 MPH fastball and a curveball that doesn't bite a ton easy as hell at this level.

Not disagreeing with any of that. Just pissed that our finances are so limited. This is CHICAGO, for cry's sake. The 3rd largest market in the USA. Yet, the White Sox are considered a "middle" or "small" market in terms of payroll. That's bulls***.

If Cheapass Reinsdorf doesn't want to spend some money once in a while, then he should sell the team and quit looking at it the way you or I would look at a train set. A toy that you play with once in a while, but don't really care about.

Jerry Reinsdorf, 1999 - "I would trade the 6 Bulls championships for a World Series win in a heartbeat." Prove it, miser. Prove it. All talk, no action. Most people wear thick pants, so blowing smoke up our asses isn't as easy as you think.

Not disagreeing with any of that.  Just pissed that our finances are so limited.  This is CHICAGO, for cry's sake.  The 3rd largest market in the USA.  Yet, the White Sox are considered a "middle" or "small" market in terms of payroll.  That's bulls***. 

If Cheapass Reinsdorf doesn't want to spend some money once in a while, then he should sell the team and quit looking at it the way you or I would look at a train set.  A toy that you play with once in a while, but don't really care about.

Jerry Reinsdorf, 1999 - "I would trade the 6 Bulls championships for a World Series win in a heartbeat."  Prove it, miser.  Prove it.  All talk, no action.  Most people wear thick pants, so blowing smoke up our asses isn't as easy as you think.

I couldn't agree with thi smore. This is my feeling exactly. I have been telling people this for years and I personally think its bulls*** too. We are a large market treated like a AA team.

Flash is not worth $5M per year to this team. It just doesn't work for us. Good luck to you Flash.

And I think most Sox feel frustration with Reinsdorf for the small market budget in a big market locality. If he would really invest in the team, allow the payroll to approach $80M or so, we just might be able to actually get to and win a World Series. But, letting a guy like Colon slip through your fingers sure doesn't send the right message to the ticket buying public.