Benetti speaks...

Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, ewokpelts said:

And you know this how?

Because it makes no sense and JR isn't stupid. If he ever found out that it was true, someone would lose their job for life status. I know the White Sox are not run perfectly. But it's not THAT ridiculous. It would be exposed. especially if it cost JR money. 

Think about it, the guy telling the story supposedly knew about it. So a lot of people did. Why didn't they alert JR?

The answer is because it's a BS story.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Because it makes no sense and JR isn't stupid. If he ever found out that it was true, someone would lose their job for life status. I know the White Sox are not run perfectly. But it's not THAT ridiculous. It would be exposed. especially if it cost JR money. 

Think about it, the guy telling the story supposedly knew about it. So a lot of people did. Why didn't they alert JR?

Not just lose their job for life status, but possibly be charged for defrauding the state government, as the money is going to pay off ISFA bonds.

I'm not saying it's not possible someone shared some inside info with GR to help them win, but the stories posted here are just implausible.

Saw a 70s WMAQ radio ad with Harry Jimmy and Lorn Brown and was reminded when sometimes the big dog like Harry would do radio for the middle three innings. Not a bad way to get some variety in your broadcast. Brings back some memories. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pcq said:

Saw a 70s WMAQ radio ad with Harry Jimmy and Lorn Brown and was reminded when sometimes the big dog like Harry would do radio for the middle three innings. Not a bad way to get some variety in your broadcast. Brings back some memories. 

I wish they would go back to that I recall the Cubs did the same thing with Brickhouse. I think sometimes the criticism of announcers in baseball comes from the fact that we listen to the same voices for 3 hours continuously over 150 plus games.  Giving Len and DJ three middle innings on TV would break up that monotony and add a different perspective to the game. 

23 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

I wish they would go back to that I recall the Cubs did the same thing with Brickhouse. I think sometimes the criticism of announcers in baseball comes from the fact that we listen to the same voices for 3 hours continuously over 150 plus games.  Giving Len and DJ three middle innings on TV would break up that monotony and add a different perspective to the game. 

Stony pony ain't goin to no radio booth

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:30 AM, CentralChamps21 said:

I guess what I really want to know is did the Sox leave $$$ on the table that could have gone to player payroll in order to take care of Brooks Boyer's brother-in-law?

I'm not sure what you can get for a "presented by" sponsorship, but likely in the 500k-1 million range per year. enough for maybe a rookie or bench guy. the 7-11 deal for the game times was 500k a year for three years.

On 2/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, ThirdGen said:

Not just lose their job for life status, but possibly be charged for defrauding the state government, as the money is going to pay off ISFA bonds.

I'm not saying it's not possible someone shared some inside info with GR to help them win, but the stories posted here are just implausible.

The naming rights money did not increase. US Cellular paid a buy out fee, and that reduced the payments from the new sponsor. That's state money. But the deal that GR underpaid was the partnership with the team directly.

The sox never got the money from the naming rights. The only brokered the deal.

On 2/6/2023 at 9:13 AM, Dick Allen said:

So you DON'T know this, then?

On 2/2/2023 at 5:50 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

The Sox have his rights from what I was told for this year and next season and that's it without an extension. And I'm guessing you are right...I'd be very surprised if he is still around after 2024.

wow, light at the end of the tunnel dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out Jason