When do Sox put Anderson on the trading block?

oldsox

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't even think he really needs to rebound.  Every team in baseball could use a rock solid #4 type that eats innings and gives your team a chance to win most nights for his 2023 AAV.  With the expanded playoffs, more teams involved in races means more teams will be interested, means more teams bidding, increasing the price.  

If he rebounds, he becomes a very valuable short term asset if the Sox are sellers (I truly hope they are not).  

That said, I think Lucas is a safe bet to be really good in 2023.  Dude is a student of the game, and very determined player that has shown time and time again that he cares deeply about his performance and his next contract.  I think we see that squint in his eye again this season. 

deleted

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It'll be long if he rebounds

Giolito had enough success over the prior 2 years that every pitching coach in the game will believe they can fix him, so long as his physical comes back clean. He will bring back a decent package

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Giolito had enough success over the prior 2 years that every pitching coach in the game will believe they can fix him, so long as his physical comes back clean. He will bring back a decent package

He will not bring back a top 100 guy if he doesnt rebound