That's a 7 runs in the 9th inning walk off White Sox Winner

wegner

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Congratulations to the few hundred fans who stuck through to the bitter end in the nasty weather.

I was watching the game with my dad, and he asked when Bummer was giving up runs in the 9th why there still was anyone there. I said I have no idea. They knew what they were doing.

Anyone hear Clevingers post game comments about not worrying about all the advanced s%*# like spin and pitch shapes and analytical stuff, and instead just trying to compete

sounds to me like Katz style of coaching isn't working

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Anyone hear Clevingers post game comments about not worrying about all the advanced s%*# like spin and pitch shapes and analytical stuff, and instead just trying to compete

sounds to me like Katz style of coaching isn't working

Agreed! Yet we've known this for awhile and yet he is still here. But then again, a lot of players, coaches and FO people are still here in the organization that shouldn't be. 

12 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

He really hasn’t sucked all year just some of it

The Sox have blown and lost four games this year where they led in the 7th inning or later. Lopez has been directly responsible for two of them.

And if not for the miracle comeback yesterday it would have been three for him in five blown games. His ERA is something like eight.

He has sucked this year. 

• Like 3

Romy Gonzalez almost made a routine catch in LF yesterday. So that's a positive. 

It reminded me of the story Wimpy told one time where I think it was Greg Luzinski played the Johnny Carson character Karnac. If anyone ever saw it, he opens an envelope with an answer and he then gives the question. The answer was catch 22. The question was what would Ron Kittle do if you hit him 100 fly balls?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1