Sox gear

https://boardroom.tv/yankees-dodgers-lids-mlb-sales/

I saw recent list for total merchandise and gear sales in MLB for the 2022 season and the Sox were third of all teams. I get the Sox branding with hip hop, celebrity attraction, and fans for the huge sales. However they are not getting anymore money from me. By now I would have taken my family to at least one home game and gone to another one or two games with my other Sox buddies. We would have bought a ton of merchandise, because I'm a sucker for that. That free ride for the Sox is now over. No more spending on the Sox! I already own too many caps, shirts, jerseys, sweatshirts, jackets etc. LOL! I am done spending a small fortune at the games on tickets, parking, gear, food and beer...until the two clowns Kenny and Hahn are gone. 

I just wish more Sox fans would send this same message to this trainwreck baseball organization.

I know I'm just one fan and the lost of my money won't hurt them one bit. However at least I will feel good with my principles that I will not financially support mediocrity....when the Sox organization does nothing to improve and get better. 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

New era literally came out with a line of hats that displays your hat size as the logo 

Would have been a great all-star game hat in the late ‘90’s and early ‘00’s

• Haha 3

On 5/5/2023 at 12:56 PM, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Definitely the case with most collectibles.  New Era fitted caps in theme-inspired color combinations and random patches now go for up to $60 from certain boutiques in smaller quantities that instantly sell out and then $150+ resale.  It's definitely entrenched in that limited edition streetwear culture right now.  It'll die down eventually though...but the cost of a basic New Era Sox cap is at about $45 and only going up.  And of course, the quality has gone down significantly, especially since they are no longer made in the USA.

I'm still amazed at the stranglehold New Era has on the hat market given that the 59fifty fit is so...specific.  They're just so big and structured and don't look good on everybody at all.  I know about the 39thirty and floppy dad hats, but I think it's weird that in a time when every other product has so many options and so much customization you really only have like 3 hat shapes to choose from if you're buying sports team gear.  I have yet to find the perfect Sox hat (though plenty of perfect non-sports hats) and I'd pay a premium for one.  I feel like there's a fortune to be made just through customizable shaping/sizing of hats. 

• Hawk 1