Why isn’t this stupid singles hitting team running more?

Greg Hibbard

Can some reporter ask a question like this or will they get permabanned?

The team has an 85% success rate at stolen bases. I don’t care who gets injured, because they get injured anyway.

So run. 

I don’t care if it’s some slow mammoth of a player.

Run, Gavin Sheets. Run, Andrew Vaughn. Sing for your supper. Act like you actually play the game harder than everyone else for once this season. 

Run even if Grifol tells you not to. Show some damned fire.

I want them running laps after the game anyway because they play like little leaguers, so this would be a good start. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

27 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Can some reporter ask a question like this or will they get permabanned?

The team has an 85% success rate at stolen bases. I don’t care who gets injured, because they get injured anyway.

So run. 

I don’t care if it’s some slow mammoth of a player.

Run, Gavin Sheets. Run, Andrew Vaughn. Sing for your supper. Act like you actually play the game harder than everyone else for once this season. 

Run even if Grifol tells you not to. Show some damned fire.

I want them running laps after the game anyway because they play like little leaguers, so this would be a good start. 

It's annoying how many times this season we have men on first and third and Grifol does not send the runner on first to steal. It's a free stolen base. 

• TLR 1

No Hamilton.  No Engel.  No Leury. 

Preventing injuries to players who can actually run...see Moncada Robert Anderson. 

Mysterious falls in sprint speed...see Moncada. 

Romy the fastest player this year but he can't get on base.  Andrus too old to run.  Grandal Vaughn Sheets lack the burst to run. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

No Hamilton.  No Engel.  No Leury. 

Preventing injuries to players who can actually run...see Moncada Robert Anderson. 

Mysterious falls in sprint speed...see Moncada. 

Romy the fastest player this year but he can't get on base.  Andrus too old to run.  Grandal Vaughn Sheets lack the burst to run. 

Yes you're right on those issues, but there are constant times when we have men on first and third and we don't run when we should. For example, in the 8th inning last night down 3-1, we had Robert on 3rd and Frazier on first pinch running for Vaughn. I get there was two outs, but my god, Frazier could jog to second with the threat of Robert on third. Of course I know it it didn't mater in hindsight, because Mr. Groundball expert Gavin Sheets grounded out to end the inning. The correct baseball move was to send Frazier and have men on 2nd and third. Now a base hit ties the game, as opposed to a base hit with first and third and all we score is one run and stuck with first and second or first and third, still needing another hit. 

I'm sorry but regardless of whether Grifol has a lack of talent to put on the field, he still sucks as a manager. 

• Fire 1