7/9: Cards @ Sox: Matz vs. Giolito, 1:10 CT

Capn12

It hit his knuckle, I'm not sure how folks saw anything else. Doesn't matter, team sucks just enough to let the tying run score, now its an immediate battle of who sucks slightly more.

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

It hit his knuckle, I'm not sure how folks saw anything else. Doesn't matter, team sucks just enough to let the tying run score, now its an immediate battle of who sucks slightly more.

Yep.  I thought it clearly hit him and I also doubt Walker is a good enough actor to immediately react the way he did if it didn’t hit him.  

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Nolan Gorman with an atrocious approach in this at bat

That's a White Sox at bat right there.  No need to swing at first pitch, may have been called a strike but nothing you were going to do with it anyway.  Second pitch wasn't close.  Could have been 3-0.

Nothing to do with pitch recognition or anything just having a plan when you come up knowing what has unfolded. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

That's a White Sox at bat right there.  No need to swing at first pitch, may have been called a strike but nothing you were going to do with it anyway.  Second pitch wasn't close.  Could have been 3-0.

Nothing to do with pitch recognition or anything just having a plan when you come up knowing what has unfolded. 

Yep. And against a pitcher who had shown zero command at all the entire inning

Just now, caulfield12 said:

On to Middleton lowering trade value...

There is no value to anyone in that pen other than Santos and never really was.  There were getting lottery tickets for anyone and they are not developing a lottery ticket.  They can't development solid prospects.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

He really has no solid skill to rely on.  Does nothing exceptionally well and is average in a couple of things and below average in others.  Burger may be an overall better player. 

You've just described 75-85% of the entire roster.