Brian Anderson takes over Northwestern Baseball Program on interim basis

• 2 weeks later...

It's a total cluster f***.  I have no idea how the AD still has a job and I can't believe they didn't make Anderson the head coach.  He actually wants to be there and was actively recruiting players and got a couple guys to come back from the portal.  Who the hell are they going to get for that job now? Who will want to go there to clean up that mess with an AD that's a dead man walking.  It just doesn't make any sense this guy is allowed to make bad decision after bad decision. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's a total cluster f***.  I have no idea how the AD still has a job and I can't believe they didn't make Anderson the head coach.  He actually wants to be there and was actively recruiting players and got a couple guys to come back from the portal.  Who the hell are they going to get for that job now? Who will want to go there to clean up that mess with an AD that's a dead man walking.  It just doesn't make any sense this guy is allowed to make bad decision after bad decision. 

I could see where they told BA that they want to conduct a national search and include him, but apparently they just said sorry we are gonna find a new head coach 

• Like 1

I really liked the idea of BA leading a college team. I hope another program picks him up. Now they will be in the position of begging someone. 

How they aren't just cleaning house and starting new is beyond me. The only thing more embarrassing would be to join the PAC4? 

On 8/12/2023 at 2:30 AM, Kyyle23 said:

NU has interest in head coaching candidates with ties to the school, including former New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies manager Joe Girardi, former Chicago Cubs bench coach Mark Loretta and Chicago White Sox Director of Youth Baseball Mike Huff. Other names to have been floated by Morosi are White Sox assistant general manager Chris Getz, Michigan associate head coach Ben Greenspan, Pepperdine assistant Danny Worth and Washburn pitching coach Shaun Marcum.

As for compiling a new staff in August, a source close to the team deemed the decision not to hire Anderson a “joke,” adding, “Admin is just tying one arm behind our backs and hoping we can be successful.”

You can float names but convincing someone to take that position is a completely different story. 

I was thinking maybe BA was smart enough to set a deadline for being named permanent and forced then to decide before he stuck his neck out any further. Convincing kids to come play for you knowing they might not be playing for you is a tough position to be in. 

9 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Good luck!

Watch out for those Michigan ties…

Greenspan joins the Wildcats after most recently serving as the Associate Head Coach and Recruiting Coordinator for the University of Michigan during the 2023 season. Before his time in Ann Arbor, Greenspan was an Assistant Coach at California Polytechnic State University in 2022. He has also spent seven seasons (2015-21) as an assistant at Arizona State, and six seasons (2009-14) on the coaching staff at Indiana University.