2024 MLB Draft Order (Reverse Standings)

Bob Sacamano

17 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

Luis Robert wasn’t developed by the Sox system? 

The best players in this draft (as of now) are all college hitters. Kurtz (1B/OF), Bazzana (2B/SS), Honeycutt (CF) and Wetherholt (2B/3B). The Sox should be pleased with any one of those guys falling to them at

Luis Robert is a fine ballplayer and about as cant miss as it gets. In my opinion he would be doing well in any organization (perhaps even better somewhere like Atlanta) so I'm not about ready to give the Sox credit for his development. 

I just feel like the list of failures is much larger than successes anyway. For example, how have we been doing with Andrew Dalquist and Matthew Thompson, 2 HS pitchers I think everyone was pretty excited about. Their stats look terrible and they walk too many batters. These guys should be at the point now where they are making waves in our system given their draft status and one isnt even in our top 30. Anyone can develop cant miss talent but it's what you do on the margins that matters and the Sox simply dont and it's why we have a bottom 10 farm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Sox fans should want the Sox to hit that 19.1% shot of not qualifying to enable them a shot at a Top 6 pick in 2025, based on the better 2025 prospect pool and likelihood they will be fielding a non playoff team in 2024.

Couldn’t find the exact list of  “large market” teams. Washington will be eligible for a Top 6 pick in 2025, but the Mets, Angels, Yankees, Giants, Red Sox and possibly Rockies and or Cardinals will not be eligible in 2025 if they get a Top 6 2024 draft selection and or make the playoffs.

• Like 1