7/25 Games

BamaDoc

Jeremy Gonzalez possibly injured but nonetheless an awful outing where he lets 4 straight batters up and all 4 touch the plate before he leaves.

Javier Mogollon with a homer, excellent season for him. Great BB rate, sub 20% k rate, and a decent iso for DSL probably closer to .180 at end of this game. 3 homers!

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jeremy Gonzalez possibly injured but nonetheless an awful outing where he lets 4 straight batters up and all 4 touch the plate before he leaves.

Javier Mogollon with a homer, excellent season for him. Great BB rate, sub 20% k rate, and a decent iso for DSL probably closer to .180 at end of this game. 3 homers!

Yeah, nice to see from him. On the position player side, you'd imagine Mogollon, Alsinois, Nunez, and Stiven Flores are all probably headed to the States next year.  Always hard to say with pitching, but they have some guys worth watching.

32 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah, nice to see from him. On the position player side, you'd imagine Mogollon, Alsinois, Nunez, and Stiven Flores are all probably headed to the States next year.  Always hard to say with pitching, but they have some guys worth watching.

I have liked for the most part how they have pretty much dumped everyone into ACL the next year worthy or not. GIves more room for DSL classes, and you have the extra month now with the draft to see what the players have and can always just put them in extended spring training. 

I know his average is bad but I think Rafael Alvarez has had a pretty interesting first year. He's 18, and with his size you'd expect more power, but he's gotten on base a lot and had some extra base hits. You could see him adding 20 LBs and maybe finding an interesting profile.

The amount of garbage FA or low-bonus arms all over the Sox system is really something. I don't know if it's their draft strategy or continuing effects from the five round draft but every level is thin. W-S gave up 10 runs as soon as they went to the pen.  Tommy Sommer was okay in A ball because people would swing at his change way out of the zone. In AA, they won't do it, so he's getting bombed.  Hopefully, they're doing something to address pitching development in the offseason.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

The amount of garbage FA or low-bonus arms all over the Sox system is really something. I don't know if it's their draft strategy or continuing effects from the five round draft but every level is thin. W-S gave up 10 runs as soon as they went to the pen.  Tommy Sommer was okay in A ball because people would swing at his change way out of the zone. In AA, they won't do it, so he's getting bombed.  Hopefully, they're doing something to address pitching development in the offseason.

They really need to replace all their pitching instructors as well