After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

you think Getz is gonna hire a bunch of player development gurus, scouts, etc from successful teams like TB/LAD/BAL, etc?

Sox need a total overhaul in a lot of areas outside of the major league ballclub, such as Analytics, Player Dev, Scouting. They don't even have a successful organization-wide philosophy on how to win at all levels

If Getz doesn't bring in outside help from successful teams, then you aren't going to see any meaningful change at any level.

It wasn't just KW/Hahn being bad at their jobs, it was also a failed top down approach on how to achieve long term success

Hahn felt you could just draft consensus top players and throw them into the farm system and they'll all eventually turn into all stars

My point has always been, does he even know what roles you would need to hire, let alone the individuals to do them? That's why you talk to executives from other organizations. Not just do things the "White Sox way"

I'm just banging my head against the wall at this point, total waste of time for all of us