Yolbert Sanchez Released

Sleepy Harold

Yoelqui Cespedes will probably suffer the same fate down the road too. I'll never understand this organization's obsession to sign international players that are old. Abreu was the only guy that worked but his bat was absolutely special in Cuba (not to mention Sox got lucky he was a 1B and many teams weren't interested at the time).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Yoelqui Cespedes will probably suffer the same fate down the road too. I'll never understand this organization's obsession to sign international players that are old. Abreu was the only guy that worked but his bat was absolutely special in Cuba (not to mention Sox got lucky he was a 1B and many teams weren't interested at the time).

Probably. He sucks.

One of the first red flags of the rebuild for me. Thinking we’d had a highly rated or large class after 2 years in the penalty only to find they basically had no one signed and threw all the money at a guy whose stats were bad in Cuba.

I will say he had more offense than o expected, which was none. 

• Like 1