Bob Nightengale is a disgrace

bmags

6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

This thread really devolved into worrying that an abuser is being silenced? Really?

What The f***

Also, Freedom of Speech is a protection from the government silencing individuals, not a protection from the consequences of one’s own actions. Nor from society or an industry shunning an abuser. 

Visquel deserves to be buried in obscurity, never to work in baseball again. If you’re concerned that an abuser is being silenced or censored, that says way more about you than it is any sort of indictment of society. If that is you, maybe stop worrying about a former baseball player failing from grace and get to work on yourself. 

For fucks sake. 

/rant

The fact that you are this upset about a puff piece about Vizquel is kind if weird. Not as weird as having an autistic bat boy scrub your back in the locker room or the guy who keeps writing about his underage niece but still kind of weird. 

Edited by cuban_sammiches

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m not sure what is censoring Omar?  Has he been censored?  Seems like the opposite happened.  He had his day in court and he settled.  Then the league said bye.  I don’t know why he is entitled to print his side of the story in that rag mag

No he hasn't been censored but several people here want him to be. That would be censoring what a newspaper publishes if you believe they shouldn't be allowed to publish this. 

I believe adults should be allowed to read or not read what they want. I tell that to folks that want to ban or censor stuff I agree with. I'm not going to turn around and say but it's ok to ban or censor it I don't want to read it. I just won't read it. 

I also believe it's fair that, like The Athletic, I won't be reading anything more from that rag mag. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

No he hasn't been censored but several people here want him to be. That would be censoring what a newspaper publishes if you believe they shouldn't be allowed to publish this. 

I believe adults should be allowed to read or not read what they want. I tell that to folks that want to ban or censor stuff I agree with. I'm not going to turn around and say but it's ok to ban or censor it I don't want to read it. I just won't read it. 

I also believe it's fair that, like The Athletic, I won't be reading anything more from that rag mag. 

I believe Bob should self censor.  It shouldn’t have been considered nor followed through on, and the editors should have said this is trash

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I believe Bob should self censor.  It shouldn’t have been considered nor followed through on, and the editors should have said this is trash

Not if it means he loses a free and open line of direct communication with the Sox in exchange...their exclusive "go to" guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree that based on quality and lack of balance it should have been rejected.