Bob Nightengale is a disgrace

bmags

50 minutes ago, bmags said:

Hey guys, bob here to help his good friend. Omar is so happy to tell us he’s happy he can tell us what was said was false, but he can’t actually tell us because he settled! Oh and the domestic violence? Just the scorn of a rejected woman.

Nightengale is a disgrace.

https://t.co/3Ajnmu8W1x

I wish there was an easy way to check this but I wonder if Bob ever even reported the Vizquel story initially two years ago, or if he completely avoided it for his buddy Jerry.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Nightengale is the same ass clown who stated on The Score Tony La Russa’s DUI sentence was the equivalent of David Ross missing time because of the flu.

Receipts

https://soxmachine.com/2020/11/following-up-police-report-puts-some-tony-la-russa-words-on-the-record/

Chuck Garfien – “so could Tony La Russa have to spend a night in jail during spring training or even a regular season game?”

Bob Nightengale – “Well David Ross missed the first 3 games of the season with the flu.”

Can’t. Make. This. Up.

— Casey Boguslaw (@caseyboguslaw) November 11, 2020

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

26 minutes ago, JTB said:

“Insisting it was just clubhouse antics.”   True or not that doesn’t make it OK and with a young man on the spectrum it’s even less OK.  f*** him.

Exactly.  I can’t go dry-hump employees in the corporate world, even if I am just joking around.  I would be terminated immediately if it was reported to HR, which it would be.  Vizquel is a moron.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bmags said:

Would love to know if any other sportswriter would even entertain the invite 

"Bob? Hey, it's Jerry Reinsdorf. Look, I need a favor and in return I'll drop you some info since Kenny isn't around to leak scoops anymore."

"Ok, I'm listening. What do you need from me?"

Pretty sure that's how it went. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

"Bob? Hey, it's Jerry Reinsdorf. Look, I need a favor and in return I'll drop you some info since Kenny isn't around to leak scoops anymore."

"Ok, I'm listening. What do you need from me?"

Pretty sure that's how it went. 

Why on Earth does Jerry Reinsdorf need this brought up? It would have faded away, no one wants to read this

This is what PR hacks get paid to do. Nightengale is just part of this whole industry. If it wasnt him, it would be some other "journalist." Vizquel has been banished from baseball (rightly so) and this is an attempt to feel the waters as to a possible return which would be worth millions. It aint going to happen. Thankfully, we draw the line at abusing autistic kids.

28 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

This is what PR hacks get paid to do. Nightengale is just part of this whole industry. If it wasnt him, it would be some other "journalist." Vizquel has been banished from baseball (rightly so) and this is an attempt to feel the waters as to a possible return which would be worth millions. It aint going to happen. Thankfully, we draw the line at abusing autistic kids.

Worth millions to who? Who is this giant Omar Vizquel loving market that is being poorly served right now?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Worth millions to who? Who is this giant Omar Vizquel loving market that is being poorly served right now?

Agreed, it seems a bit strange that any sportswriter would try to bring Omar Vizquel of all people back to the forefront of baseball and attempt to clear his name.  How many baseball fans are currently wondering what Omar Vizquel is up to these days?  Probably not even Indians fans.  This sure seems like Jerry’s buddy providing a follow-up story so Jerry can claim ignorance about what was going on in the clubhouse regarding Vizquel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Agreed, it seems a bit strange that any sportswriter would try to bring Omar Vizquel of all people back to the forefront of baseball and attempt to clear his name.  How many baseball fans are currently wondering what Omar Vizquel is up to these days?  Probably not even Indians fans.  This sure seems like Jerry’s buddy providing a follow-up story so Jerry can claim ignorance about what was going on in the clubhouse regarding Vizquel.

Vizquel was on over 50% of Hall of Fsme ballots.  He was trending toward getting in.  That has to be worth some money to him as well as legacy.  Now he’s cratered and has very little chance of being voted in and his legacy is that of a predator.  My guess is this was a rehab piece to try to revive his chances.  Who initiated…fair question.  

• Like 1

I can't help wondering if Omar ever went to a Treatment Center for sex addiction, or whatever they call it.  I remember reading about him a few decades ago when he was still playing, and the subject was which MLBer led the league in getting laid.  Allegedly, Omar had that distinction for several years.  Probably a badge of honor back then.  Who knows, there might be dozens of little Omars running around. Somehow, the White Sox got stuck with him.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Nobody is saying that. But if Vizquel was not exposed he would be working in MLB in some capacity. Based on the article, that is what he wants to do. And it also appears that he has been completely ostracized. 

Edited by cuban_sammiches