The Matrix Revolutions

HighHeat45

Neo never defeated Agent Smith in the end, so why did the war stop?

*****MAJOR SPOILER*****

Yeah he did, the way i saw it, and the way i think it was ment to be was that The only way to beat agent smith was to become agent smith so when he became agent smith he hacked into him like a virus and it killed both of them

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*****MAJOR SPOILER*****

Yeah he did, the way i saw it, and the way i think it was ment to be was that The only way to beat agent smith was to become agent smith so when he became agent smith he hacked into him like a virus and it killed both of them

ah, thanks

But they didnt finish it..in about 3 years there is gunna be another one with different charecters because the matrix wasnt defeated....and personally, i cant wait :headbang

Yesterday I overheard someone the row behind me talking about the anime film "Animatrix." He said that any further Matrix sequels would follow the episodes featured in that movie.....and their were 6 of them.

Though I dont know for sure if the first three Matrix movies have followed the first three animatrix episodes; so I cant consider the information credible. If they have then the Wachowski brothers could extend the series.

*****MAJOR SPOILER*****

I saw the movie yesterday eve, and...eh...Kinda on the line with this..there was good stuff to like about it, but i can see why some people hate it..

I'm sorta lost with what the hell happened at the end of the movie...but I'm an idiot... :P

I'm gonna see it again on Sunday, cause the screening i went to was kinda bad..when the movie started the screen was all messed up..people were yelling and s***..it got better about 30 seconds in...but the sound through out the whole movie sounded muffled and s***...it just didn't sound good.

Gonna try a different theater and see if it's better quality...

Didn't you say something like Oasis was a bigger impact than the beatles though? :lolhitting

no, I was discussing a quote by Noel Gallagher OF Oasis. He was talking about the old john lennon misquote of how the beatles were bigger than Jesus....and he said, well, Oasis is bigger than the Beatles

or something like that.

I just discussed the importance of Oasis on the reemgergance of the british music scene.

but of course I wasn't appreciated for my knowledge and vision. Y'all can keep on believing the world is flat...go right ahead:) :bang ;)

I'm goin to see the movie on Sunday or Monday probably. Heard good and bad reviews for it, but hopefully it'll be ok. I was a little dissapointed walking out of Reloaded, where I felt the only good bit in that movie was the Freeway Scene.

ok so this one was definitely better than #2 and...

SPOILERS

I tried to look for all the philosophical stuff that goes along with the whole Jesus deak and dying to save everyone which kind of made the film a little more interesting but I also like how the oracle mentioned Neo would return sometime meaning the peace would end and the One would have to start all over again

What were you guys expecting from this movie? It had a much more solid story than the second movie. The action & special effects were much cooler. The amount of philosophical jabbering & symbolism were more in line with the first movie.

The only think I didn't like was the dopey dialogue between Neo & Trinity but they even kept that to a minimum. That and the very end could have been a little more solid. But other than that I thought it was great whether you were just looking for an action movie or if you were looking for the back story symbolism.

bjmarte, you said it best. *high fives bjmarte*

I'm not saying this was the best movie I've ever seen, but I suspect that anyone who couldn't at least appreciate this last one might not really have the analytical skills that it takes to really process what went on.

No offense, but if you really analyze what went on, for instance, MAJOR SPOILER... Agent Smith calling the Oracle MOM!!!!!! that doesn't rack your brain a little?

I think if you didn't like it then that's fine, but don't ruin it for others. I'm up for discussion on the whole story line of the trilogy, cos it's pretty cool. As for the whole jesus thing...I don't know, I see alot of similarities, but I'd be interested in reading a biography on the wachowski bros before I start claiming this as doctrine.

let me know what you think...

MAJOR SPOILER... Agent Smith calling the Oracle MOM!!!!!!  that doesn't rack your brain a little?

I caught that too and wondered what that was all about. I liked it, but I could have done without the Trinity dying scene - a bit (ok, a lot) over the top. I never could buy into those two hooking up, she always looked too old for him. If there had been any chemistry between the two of them, I might have been able to tolerate the love story part of it, but they didn't and I couldn't.

Agent Smith, you rock! :cheers (soon to be seen in Lord of the Rings III).

Hugo Weaving is his name. He was born in Nigeria, so I'm assuming he's albino:) kidding.

Did this guy like hit the cult movie actor jack pot or something?? like hello?, it's one thing to be remembered as Agent Smith from the freakin matrix, it's another that you're Elrond from Lord of the Rings, but You played REX THE SHEEPDOG from Babe and Babe:Pig in the City????

wow...

;)

Hugo Weaving is his name. He was born in Nigeria, so I'm assuming he's albino:) kidding.

Did this guy like hit the cult movie actor jack pot or something?? like hello?, it's one thing to be remembered as Agent Smith from the freakin matrix, it's another that you're Elrond from Lord of the Rings, but You played REX THE SHEEPDOG from Babe and Babe:Pig in the City????

wow...

;)

I thought he was from New Zealand or Australia or something (just looked it up and saw it was that he acted alot in Australia - that's where I got that idea from!)...at least I knew he wasn't from the U.S. (I also knew his first name was Hugo)!! :)

He's been in a bunch of stuff or so it seems lately. I saw him in some movies I was watching on the TV a few weeks ago. Dude gets around moviewise.

The point is the Wachowski's can make a movie as philosophical as they want by continuously convulting the storyline beyond sense. Plot twists do not a great movie make (see Identity). The plot of the original Matrix was simple yet brilliant at the same time. It did not have to be driven by the likes of boring characters attempting to engage the audience through mystic dialogue.

Oh and :fyou Keanu Reeves and Carrie Ann Moss for being s***ty actors. Maybe I didn't notice in the first movie because the concept was so new. I wish they would retire now but that would require Joel Silver to retire first.

*sigh*  it's ok if you didn't understand the movies...

I understand the movies and I still don't think they were very good. The first one is excellent but it seemed that they tried way to hard with the last two. The one and only thing that really made me think was when Agent Smith called the oracle mom. Besides that the third movie was very predictable and over done. Although the last fight seen was pretty cool.