The Matrix Revolutions

HighHeat45

Well, from what was in this weeks "Entertainment Weekly", the change in actresses due to the death of Gloria Foster will be part of the movie. She is punished by the Merovingian for aiding Neo, and he terminates her 'shell'. They did what they had to do in that situation.

I hope Merovignian's wife (Monica Bellucci) is in it again. :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POLE POLISHING! :lol:

You're typical poster at sites like Aintitcoolnews..have any of these guys likes any sequel to any sci-fi movies and such? to Back to the Future...Indy Jones..StarWars..now Matrix...there obsessed with hating these type of movies...they hate it before it even comes out, so they have this pre-conceived notion already..

It's quite sad...just enjoy the flick with out analyzing every aspect of the movie until your brain juices out

Let me tell you, I've seen revolutions and its a piece of garbage. Its extremely boring and there are only two great actions scenes. Although not a huge fan of the series I have seen the other two and have come to a conclusion this is the worst.

Dont waste your money people......If you want to know I'll tell you what happens.

Ok here's Reloaded:

We'll throw some guy in there and call him the architect. We'll make him spew out a bunch of nonsensical phrases and crap and call it good sci-fi. Then at the end we'll write a new twist in the plot where Neo can do s*** in the real world. Deus ex machina mother f***ers.

Also, the old Oracle died a long time ago. Like way before Reloaded came out so stop b****ing about it.

Ok, I'll enlighten the peasants...

"Revolutions" isn't going to change the face of movies, like the first one...however, the Wachowski bros did their best "Return of the Jedi" impression and finished out the story of "the matrix." Luckily for us there weren't any candy-ass ewoks to spawn a cartoon or spin off film.

Regardless, the movie is quite good. If you did war flicks, they spend a ton of time on that. More or less its mildly predictable, but MUCH better than reloaded. I think they did a good job of not ramming the philosophical down your throat or making it too much of the plot, a la reloaded, yet I think this one explains far more concisely what the hell is going on. To be honest, I really like the oracle...you'll see what I mean. Change is good thing:)

So f*** off if you didn't like it, because you obviously went into it expecting the world on a stick. (whatever that means...haha) It's actiony seasoned by the metaphysical mumbo jumbo that makes the whole idea of the matrix rad....yes, rad.

did I mention my brother worked on the first film? haha...name dropping, sorry. :bang

To be honest, I really like the oracle...you'll see what I mean. Change is good thing:)

Much like we disagreed on this movies quality Im going to disagree on the oracle. She symbolizes everything I hate with this series.

Everytime someone visits she doesnt tell them s***.....and doesnt seem to know the answers to anything. Only gives a bunch of metaphors and its almost like she says total bulls*** and no matter what she'll be right.

Example: (this is not a spoiler)

"By the end of today........either the world will be in your hands or agent smiths"

Well no s*** lady. Neo is already dumb and doesnt need to ponder these deep thoughts. And if shes wrong then the characters are just like....."She meant to throw me off because I wasnt ready to know the truth." What a bunch of crap.

To be honest, I really like the oracle...you'll see what I mean. Change is good thing:)

Much like we disagreed on this movies quality Im going to disagree on the oracle. She symbolizes everything I hate with this series.

Everytime someone visits she doesnt tell them s***.....and doesnt seem to know the answers to anything. Only gives a bunch of metaphors and its almost like she says total bulls*** and no matter what she'll be right.

Example: (this is not a spoiler)

"By the end of today........either the world will be in your hands or agent smiths"

Well no s*** lady. Neo is already dumb and doesnt need to ponder these deep thoughts. And if shes wrong then the characters are just like....."She meant to throw me off because I wasnt ready to know the truth." What a bunch of crap.

yikes...apparently you missed the whole point of the movie. don't scroll down anymore, I'm gonna spoil it a little. (edit: ok, turns out a lot)

*this is a spoiler* for instance her talking to the architech at the end of the movie and saying "that change can be hard, but it was needed (that's a paraphrase..BTW) She was the one that had compassion for humans, so she instigated the whole smith vs neo thing. In order to show that humans and machine can get along when a greater evil is at work. The thing that seperates us from everyone else, however, is the ability to choose. That's why agent smith couldn't see past neo laying on the ground. (when he think's neo is done for) Neo's decision to keep on fighting is what limits Smith's stolen oracle abilities....THIS is why the oracle has to give those jumbled answers, because she can only SEE UP TO A CERTAIN POINT. in every matrix flick, she says, I can't tell you, it's up to you to decide. She's not saying that to be cute...that's just the limit of her powers. Things like saying no to candy were things that were instinctive and decisions predetermined in neo's head. (preferences, in other words...an example is whenever my GF's mom would ask me for a drink when I first get to her house, I always say thank you but no..probably something she got to used to but an exchange of politeness that occurs whether I was dying of thirst or not. though I might change my mind 5 minutes later)

so anyway, I would hate to pull out the age card and be offensive, you seem nice enough, but I can tell by your tone that you might not necessarily grasp the extent of the deeper plot. sorry, I hope you see it again, cos the action alone...I mean, come on? the APUs? those kicked ass! anyway,

I almost died when they referred to their mechs as A.P.U.'s Apu?!?!? how funny is that? ok, bye.

Sorry Sox4life, i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. The action was overdone and a bit corny I thought. It reminded me a bit of Dragonball Z in the end when they fought which I thought was kinda cool but the Zion battle with the mechs was way overdone and wayyyyyy too long.

Then you have the whole Trinity scene. That took about 5 minutes longer than it needed to. When someone goes through that (trying not to spoil it) you don't keep talking for that long. Just get it over with.

The whole story got weaker as the movie went along. I kept talking to people in person and online about what they will do in the end and everyone dismissed this style of ending and expected something intelligent and well thought out based on the previous films. You really don't even need to see Revolutions. Pretty much what the architect said in Reloaded summed up Revolutions. I know there are supposed to be biblical references and everything but it was pretty weak. They could have done so much with it and just gave us a crappy Hollywood ending. The Oracle and the stupid little kid hugging and everyone living happily ever after and all that jazz.

They didn't explain why the machines would stop, what would happen with the rest of the human race still in their little tubs, what would become of the world, if Neo was dead or not and many other things that they could have stated. If they needed the time they should have budgeted some of the action scenes a little more. I mean, the Zion scene was extremely repetative and predictable.

I wasn't expecting a ton when I went to see this movie but I was extremely disappointed. They seemed to be out for a paycheck more than putting together a quality film like they did with the original. I was with a group of about 7 others and all of us were equally disappointed. I will probably not watch this movie again. It was just a poor all around effort and really could have beena lot more than a PG kiddie ending. Just my 2 cents.

The funniest part of the movie is when the guy yells "Jesus H. Christ"...

and I was like...You mean, "Neo H. Anderson?" There's no Jesus in the matrix....

s***, did you know that Carri-Ann Moss was in a tv show called "The Matrix" back in 1993??? weiiiiiiiiird.

(yes I know his name is thomas a. anderson...and I'll respond to the matrix haters later)

go in with an honest and open mind. War is fun, there's gonna be some sappyness, and philosophically its potent.

just BE good and have fun guys!

I loved it, all you who thought there wasnt enough action are on crack

But they didnt finish it..in about 3 years there is gunna be another one with different charecters because the matrix wasnt defeated....and personally, i cant wait :headbang

go in with an honest and open mind. War is fun, there's gonna be some sappyness, and philosophically its potent.

just BE good and have fun guys!

I loved it, all you who thought there wasnt enough action are on crack

But they didnt finish it..in about 3 years there is gunna be another one with different charecters because the matrix wasnt defeated....and personally, i cant wait :headbang

told ya:)

and no they won't make another one...that's the point. The matrix world is cyclical. There have been "the ones" before and they all chose to start over and repopulate zion. Neo was different...the oracle knew it, and she has a lot of compassion and love for humans. She saw that there could be peace...and she brokered that peace through the creation of smith.

"you played a dangerous game" -the architect

"I know, but it had to be done...change was necessary" -oracle

"did you know neo would succeed?"- the architect

"no, but I believed he could"- oracle

Then there was the other part

"do you think we'll ever see neo again" Jada p-smith

"I have a feeling we will" morpheous

s***...so maybe there will be another one...I dont know...regardless, it kicked butt.

Then there was the other part

"do you think we'll ever see neo again" Jada p-smith

"I have a feeling we will" morpheous

s***...so maybe there will be another one...I dont know...regardless, it kicked butt.

And that little girl asked the oracle is theyd ever see him again and the oracle said "i suspect so"

plus the wachoski(sp) bros are making so much money on these movies why would they stop now :huh:

I just got back and I liked it. The fight scenes could have been shortened a bit, but it was nowhere near as bad as any of you said. I do have one question.

SPOILERS

Neo never defeated Agent Smith in the end, so why did the war stop?