MLB Top Predicted Team Prospects for 2026: Schultz, most wildly

caulfield12

off if you revisit the prediction just two years later, with 60% not holding up very well over time.

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-each-team-s-top-prospect-in-2026?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Two years ago, Colson Montgomery the pick and that looks right on target so far.

Have to think the White Sox should be targeting some of these younger players instead of the older,  immediate impact types that have been argued about in connection with potential Cease trades.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

• caulfield12 changed the title to MLB Top Predicted Team Prospects for 2026: Schultz, most wildly
56 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

off if you revisit the prediction just two years later, with 60% not holding up very well over time.

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-each-team-s-top-prospect-in-2026?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

Two years ago, Colson Montgomery the pick and that looks right on target so far.

Have to think the White Sox should be targeting some of these younger players instead of the older,  immediate impact types that have been argued about in connection with potential Cease trades.

They should. They shouldn’t be targeting any of these 24/25 players as a centerpiece. No to Kjerstad, no to Cowser, no to Jones.

I can see Schultz coming up sooner but for him it’s all about building up the innings base, the Sox should be very patient and cautious with his development. 

1 hour ago, Boopa1219 said:

They should. They shouldn’t be targeting any of these 24/25 players as a centerpiece. No to Kjerstad, no to Cowser, no to Jones.

I can see Schultz coming up sooner but for him it’s all about building up the innings base, the Sox should be very patient and cautious with his development. 

Watch the Brewers run away with the Central and Ortiz and/or Chourio win RoY...Hall becomes the next Hader and they flip D.Williams, too.

Still not convinced Cubs are going anywhere without either Chapman or Bellinger.  A lot...probably too much...is being expected out of Counsell.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really can't imagine predicting anyone else in this system as being the #1 prospect with any sort of realistic odds.

I went to the Top 30 to try and pick a joke name, but the realized that if everything clicks, Wolkow could have a shot.

Like, giant lefty ace > giant lefty slugger most of the time, but if anything closes the gap, that's it.

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

I went to the Top 30 to try and pick a joke name, but the realized that if everything clicks, Wolkow could have a shot.

Like, giant lefty ace > giant lefty slugger most of the time, but if anything closes the gap, that's it.

That or one of the Latin kids goes full He Who Shall Not be Named, but I think the odds of both are single digit percentages at best.