Maybe the payroll is increasing this year

sox-r-us

Anyone else think with the division up for grabs and with Jerry Reinsdorf liking Ozzie, which means he may listen to him if he wants some players, the payroll may be going up this year?

Just a hunch....that phone contract may help at some point I am thinking  :D

I sure don't :angry: I think if that were the case, KW would have been singing about it in his press confrence.

Here's a typical conversation between JR and KW regarding payroll issues:

(KW knocks on JR's office, JR tells him to come in.)

KW: I need to talk to you about our payroll next season.

JR: I thought we've already gone over that. Only way I was spending money was if we signed El Goo.

KW: But there are some good names out there that could help the pitching staff.

JR: Who did you have in mind?

KW: Ponson, Pettitte, maybe even Millwood.

JR: Well if you hadn't signed Konerko and Koch to ridiculous deals, maybe those would be realistic.

KW: Sorry boss, I guess we'll go to Plan C.

JR: Sounds good, the cheaper the better. Now go call Andy Ashby and Cal Eldred's representatives. We need a third starter.

KW: Right away sir.

:D

Right now I get this feeling that the Sox will move Konerko and Koch and replace KOnerko with someone at first base and then add 2 to 3 guys in the pen (Whether thats Sully/Gordon and a vet) and call it an offseason. And they will sign Ponson or another upper echelon pitcher on the block.

Forget the payroll increasing anything more than a marginal amount. That's not our way. At the moment we are looking at an outfield of CLee, probably a platoon of Rowand and Harris, with Maggs in right, altho he could be traded.

Crede, Jose, ALomar, Konerko with Alomar and Olivo behind the plate. Frank DHs.

Rotation of KB, Elo, Judy, Rauch and Shony. Bullpen of we don't know yet.

Yeah, that sounds like a division champ to me.

P.S. To everyone who spent so much time the last few months working up new rosters, especially options at the keystone sack, reinsdorf says thanks, but no thanks.

Here's a typical conversation between JR and KW regarding payroll issues:

(KW knocks on JR's office, JR tells him to come in.)

KW: I need to talk to you about our payroll next season.

JR: I thought we've already gone over that.  Only way I was spending money was if we signed El Goo.

KW: But there are some good names out there that could help the pitching staff.

JR: Who did you have in mind?

KW: Ponson, Pettitte, maybe even Millwood.

JR: Well if you hadn't signed Konerko and Koch to ridiculous deals, maybe those would be realistic.

KW: Sorry boss, I guess we'll go to Plan C.

JR: Sounds good, the cheaper the better.  Now go call Andy Ashby and Cal Eldred's representatives.  We need a third starter.

KW: Right away sir.

:D

I wish I could laugh, but you're actually really close to the truth.

Right now I get this feeling that the Sox will move Konerko and Koch and replace KOnerko with someone at first base and then add 2 to 3 guys in the pen (Whether thats Sully/Gordon and a vet) and call it an offseason.  And they will sign Ponson or another upper echelon pitcher on the block.

That's exactly what I hoped the Sox would do this off-season, plus trade Maggs and a prospect for Johnson and Soriano. But with KW signing Jose for $5 million, that ain't gonna happen now. :angry: