4/10 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I'm not remembering the exact roster construction that day, but the team is limited to 13 pitchers on their roster at any time until Sept 1, then they can have 14. 

Right which was what I thought and why I suggested sending Shuster back down after his 1 appearance. But it didnt happen I guess because today's an off day so the BP gets some much needed rest. They did what they could yesterday but if the game went any longer Shaw just would've had to pitch another inning.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Grifol has done nothing to suggest he’s not a baseball moron. His managerial record speaks for itself.

He should have been let go right after last season. He wasn't. Getz should have been allowed to go in a different direction this season. Maybe Getz was given the option with JR's preferences laid out for him, and Getz figured he'd save that mulligan, and let Grifol absorb all the losses of a poorly assembled roster (from previous), and let his preferred manager start with a better roster to manage. 

There seems to be a difference between last year and this year with younger guys getting playing time, and changing the batting order up. Maybe Getz has put forward some directives, and Grifol's following. 

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

He should have been let go right after last season. He wasn't. Getz should have been allowed to go in a different direction this season. Maybe Getz was given the option with JR's preferences laid out for him, and Getz figured he'd save that mulligan, and let Grifol absorb all the losses of a poorly assembled roster (from previous), and let his preferred manager start with a better roster to manage. 

There seems to be a difference between last year and this year with younger guys getting playing time, and changing the batting order up. Maybe Getz has put forward some directives, and Grifol's following. 

Because of the off day this thread has yet to be banished to the Sox archives. I do like discussing the game sometimes but its difficult when you're discussing with an angry fan base and just I don't want to be another sheep mindlessly playing follow the leader. I'm not a contrarian or a troll or water carrier. i Just think I see what other fans ignore. It's just too easy to say a guy is a bad manager or bad exectuive when their whole position or station was by being a part of Reinsdorf's Peter Principle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Who currently is the 5th SP? I was about to post that Shuster would make sense since he is up, but it's weird he wouldn't have just started that bullpen game in Cleveland since he was here.

I guess we're still waiting to know when Clevinger will make a start. I suppose he may get a minor league game or 2 once they feel he's ready. But in the mean time with the off day today maybe they reset the rotation  and they're all on normal rest now ?

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Who currently is the 5th SP? I was about to post that Shuster would make sense since he is up, but it's weird he wouldn't have just started that bullpen game in Cleveland since he was here.

Have they announced starters for the Cincinnati series? I would think Flexen, Crochet and TBA. Shuster threw 3 in the bullpen game, so he lines up. 

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Because of the off day this thread has yet to be banished to the Sox archives. I do like discussing the game sometimes but its difficult when you're discussing with an angry fan base and just I don't want to be another sheep mindlessly playing follow the leader. I'm not a contrarian or a troll or water carrier. i Just think I see what other fans ignore. It's just too easy to say a guy is a bad manager or bad exectuive when their whole position or station was by being a part of Reinsdorf's Peter Principle.

Sure. I guess my weakness is I find it insulting when somebody tries to bully you into agreeing to something that is fundamentally untrue. Then my inner-internet bro-dude kicks in, and I don't let it go. And if I dig in on, "they're not just going to cut half their bullpen because you're sad", I'm a Chris Getz burner account. Most of the time, I'm not even defending anybody, just stating a simple fact. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Have they announced starters for the Cincinnati series? I would think Flexen, Crochet and TBA. Shuster threw 3 in the bullpen game, so he lines up. 

Yeah that's what I mean. He could easily slide into the starting spot but also why didn't they just have him start in the bullpen game if that's the plan. Obviously Clevinger will step into that spot but for now, its gotta be someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Sure. I guess my weakness is I find it insulting when somebody tries to bully you into agreeing to something that is fundamentally untrue. Then my inner-internet bro-dude kicks in, and I don't let it go. And if I dig in on, "they're not just going to cut half their bullpen because you're sad", I'm a Chris Getz burner account. Most of the time, I'm not even defending anybody, just stating a simple fact. 

And I usually try to back up what I say with stats when the guys arguing against you don't take into account much of anything except whats in front of their noses. I actually looked up each relief pitchers game logs over the past week or so and in Wilson's case how he's been used in his career. Then once i also remembered Brebbria was injured I couldnt remember if they brought up a pitcher so I looked at the transactions and saw Shuster was brought up. The game he pitched was one of the few games I didnt watch this year.

• Like 1