Sox unveil the new Maldonado line .100

On 5/9/2024 at 10:28 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Still chuckling about the victory lap his biggest fan took here after a 2 hit game.  He's been awful offensively, awful defensively, and the Sox pitching is bottom 5 in the league in pretty much every category. Tough to discern what exactly he is accomplishing. If he's such a great guy to have around, make him a coach. 

That said, Sox don't really have anyone else to plug in until Stassi returns from injury (and his 60 days are up end of month), so best case scenario we still have a few weeks of watching him look helpless.    

I don't expect Stassi to ever don the Sox uni. That said, Chuckie Robinson would probably be better overall than Maldonado.  Plus, I believe Quero will be ready for a cup of September coffee, but I don't think he has to be added to the 40 man this winter, so I doubt they do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I don't expect Stassi to ever don the Sox uni. That said, Chuckie Robinson would probably be better overall than Maldonado.  Plus, I believe Quero will be ready for a cup of September coffee, but I don't think he has to be added to the 40 man this winter, so I doubt they do it.

Nor should they. Just let Quero stay in the minors. 

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I literally never said Luis Robert sucks. Good call.

"There is literally no player that has actually worn this jersey in game that I would want to have their name on."

Except when healthy one of the best players in the league?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

"There is literally no player that has actually worn this jersey in game that I would want to have their name on."

Except when healthy one of the best players in the league?

Hey nice job at learning how to quote. I did actually say that.

2 things can be true at once. Luis Robert is a good player, and I would not want his jersey. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

in case anyone needed a reminder that Pedro is a moron 

Him calming down a pitcher who had been getting squeezed the other day was nice to see, but it sure as hell isn't worth keeping someone hitting. 090something on the roster for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Him calming down a pitcher who had been getting squeezed the other day was nice to see, but it sure as hell isn't worth keeping someone hitting. 090something on the roster for.

I agree with you on this. Take the W. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, WestEddy said:

You can also take the W on DeJong IF Getz can find a taker quickly.  Dude will never have a higher value.  But with 3 walks and 40 strikeouts, I assume teams will realize he’s still bad.  His OPS will be back down to .650 or less by the deadline.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

8 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Honestly I call this the greg factor.  When certain posters agree with me, I have to reexamine my position with the assumption I was wrong because they are so often wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly I call this the greg factor.  When certain posters agree with me, I have to reexamine my position with the assumption I was wrong because they are so often wrong.

Good talk, dude. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

If there is a consolation on Maldonado hitting below .100, and establishing the Maldonado line, Yasmani Grandal  is hitting below the Maldonado line with the Pirates.  Last night he was at .092.

Sox sure know how to pick them catchers.  Former Sox catchers Narvaez hitting about .200 the last 3 years.  Seby at .185 this year.  James Mccann hovering around  .210 the last 3 years. 

Korea Lee needs to play 80% of the games. If he hits .240 he can be on the Mt Rushmore of Sox catchers this century.  

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

If there is a consolation on Maldonado hitting below .100, and establishing the Maldonado line, Yasmani Grandal  is hitting below the Maldonado line with the Pirates.  Last night he was at .092.

b-b-b-but the framing! fangraphs already has him at 13 WAR on the season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

Sox sure know how to pick them catchers.  Former Sox catchers Narvaez hitting about .200 the last 3 years.  Seby at .185 this year.  James Mccann hovering around  .210 the last 3 years. 

Korea Lee needs to play 80% of the games. If he hits .240 he can be on the Mt Rushmore of Sox catchers this century.  

Narvaez was fine as a hitter with the Sox.  So was McCann.

3 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

58 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Narvaez was fine as a hitter with the Sox.  So 

3 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

You forgot Zach Collins another catching failure, and a first rounder.