Trades

The Beast

If you were the White Sox who would you trade?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the White Sox who would you trade?

• Koch
    • Konerko
    • Ordonez
    • Lee
    • Valentin

Koch is my number 1 choice to go.

Here in NY though, word is the Mets will only take Koch if we take Roger Cedeno. Roger Cedeno makes a ton of money and is an aweful player, so if that is the deal then I say no to trading Koch. (unless another team shows interest).

My next choice to go is Magglio.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of Konerko, but we won't get anything in return for him, and unlike Koch, there is a very good chance Konerko could return to his old form in 2004.

If we trade Magglio we might be able to get a halfway decent starting pitcher, which is what we need. Not to mention we have more outfielders ready to make the jump in our system than first basemen.

I voted Magglio. From a business prospective; Mags will make a ton of money this season and it may be hard to resign him after this season. Lee is a keeper. I say we give Koch another shot (but, he is next to go for me). Kong may be able to get back to form, I say we find out.

Chisonfn,

You can throw me into the "Koch will be back" camp. I'm about as cynical as they come, and I rip on a lot of the Sox players, but I think the guy had a physical problem that will heal and be fixed by next year. And the guy will work his ass off to get back. He's not a primadonna crybaby who just loves making a ton of money for sitting on their ass. He's a warrior and a tough guy, and he'll be back.

If he isn't? Then he isn't. I'd rather have Billy Koch than Roger Cedeno no matter HOW he pitches next year.

Chisonfn,

You can throw me into the "Koch will be back" camp.  I'm about as cynical as they come, and I rip on a lot of the Sox players, but I think the guy had a physical problem that will heal and be fixed by next year.  And the guy will work his ass off to get back.  He's not a primadonna crybaby who just loves making a ton of money for sitting on their ass.  He's a warrior and a tough guy, and he'll be back. 

If he isn't?  Then he isn't.  I'd rather have Billy Koch than Roger Cedeno no matter HOW he pitches next year.

If you're in the Koch camp, it's a lonely camp to be in. I hope you're right, and I agree about the Cedeno move, I wouldn't trade ANY pitching for that waste. I'd think about Koch in a setup role though (I may be burned for this, but I think he's lost confidence, the best we can hope for at this point is a Kyle Farnsworth with heart). I'm starting to have strange ideas about Danny Wright as closer, I know, stupid.....but we need a closer.

ApplingsRevenge

Also, for reference, a quick comparison of Billy Koch & Kyle Farnsworth:

Both can throw 99-100 MPH (Koch when healthy)

Billy Koch: Blows a save, gets angry, looks intense and self-loathing on the way off the mound.

Kyle Farnsworth: Blows a lead in the 7th or 8th, looks like he doesn't give a s***, lighty fingers his puka shell necklace on the way off the mound and leaves Wrigley for the nearest tanning salon so he can look good at the bar that night.

I thought it was a humorous comparison. Koch just seems more like a baseball player to me.

ApplingsRevenge

I don't want to discuss the Cubs, but I will say this:

If Koch was 100%, and he was on the mound for the Cubs the last two games that Farnsworth was pitching, we would be still lamenting the fact that the Cubs made it to the World Series.

When healthy, our flamethrower has one thing theirs doesn't - a set of balls.

I don't want to discuss the Cubs, but I will say this:

If Koch was 100%, and he was on the mound for the Cubs the last two games that Farnsworth was pitching, we would be still lamenting the fact that the Cubs made it to the World Series.

When healthy, our flamethrower has one thing theirs doesn't - a set of balls.

What does the World Series have in common with a sterilized bear?

No Cubs.

For the deals, I'd say everyone...last person I'd hold onto is Carlos Lee, unless Maggs is willing to restructure long term between 8-9 mill.  And of course I wouldn't just trade for the sake of trades, take your time and find the right deal.

Am I reading this right? As in, if Carlos Lee would be the last person you'd hold on to, that means he'd be the first one to be traded?

yeah, YASNY, I think Jas got his words mixed up there. We are in agreement that CLee shoud be the keeper of those players if all others were moved. Koch, well, I supported the guy all year and got flamed for it, but I still think that he will be back this year, and I will be there to say thank GOD we didn't trade him for Roger Freakin Cedeno.