Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Appreciation Thread

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Bananarchy said:

I know we're supposed to kumbaya this s%*#, but this fucking sucks and I'm not interested.

No, you are apparently supposed to play the helpless victim.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I love what Miggy, Sam, Chase and Burke have become this year. They’ve each carried this team for stretches and look like core players moving forward.

  • Lip Man 1
    Lip Man 1

    It’s going to take time to process everything that’s happened since Wednesday.  Short story is this hurts…a lot.  What can you say when the Sox lose a 2-0 lead in a best of five series, strike out 21

  • Colome's Hat
    Colome's Hat

    You missed the point. Maybe read the room, see it's an appreciation post, and save it?

Unfortunately I won't be able to think about this season without remembering the last 3 games of the ALDS. Maybe in time I will but I doubt it

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The only good thing about that drive is that you are not longer in Cleveland.

I will say 99 percent of the people there were super cool to us. Had a lot of people come up to us and just talk about baseball and had a few buy us a beer. One jackass got into my face when we were just walking back to our hotel after the game but you get those idiots everywhere.

55 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I will say 99 percent of the people there were super cool to us. Had a lot of people come up to us and just talk about baseball and had a few buy us a beer. One jackass got into my face when we were just walking back to our hotel after the game but you get those idiots everywhere.

Honestly, Cleveland is a great place to see a game.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly, Cleveland is a great place to see a game.

the old Cleveland Memorial Stadium...aka Mistake by the Lake, was probably THE worst place to watch a baseball game in the late 80s

or Three Rivers Stadium

In the end we just didn’t have the horses to get the job done. We knew this wasn’t a great team as there were just too many holes, no power in the outfield with Braden being called up too early, losing Austin Hays at the beginning of the year hurt, he was a seasoned pro with a decent bat who played very good defense. The starting pitching was always suspect but the relievers did a great job in the second half. We never had a decent back up catcher and with Teel out most of the year we had a lousy catching situation. Enough has been said and written about Venable so I won’t say anything more. Because of these shortcomings I always expected some kind of letdown but to their credit they hung in there until the last 3 games, all in all it was a fun year from a team that I expected to win 75 games tops so in that respect it was a pretty successful season.

5 hours ago, WestEddy said:

The '77 South Side Hit Men was such a crazy great summer. I was 13, and it was the first time in my Sox-rooting life (2nd, really after 1972) that it felt like I was watching a real baseball team. I'm surprised every time I look it up to find they finished in 3rd place, 12 games out. The electricity of that summer always feels like they finished closer to the top, in retrospect. The final 3 games will be a blip. Hopefully, drowned out by greater successes.

This reminds me, whatever happened to our e-friend South Side Hit Men? Was re-signing Clevinger really the straw that broke the camel’s back?

Fan season. Had to turn game off last night for middle innings as it was bumming me out seeing it unfold, tuned back in to see some more bad ABs in the 8th and 9th. Ultimately the team just didn't have enough. I don't think they really choked so much as ran out of gas. None of these guys had played 160+ games in a season into October. It was a great experience and now players know what it will take when they resume off season workouts in a month or two.

Turning the page to Bulls hoops locally. Should be another good season for Illini and it's a house money season for UM Hoops after the natty. See how the Bears do but I'm not much of any NFL fan. UM football looks back in the wilderness, oh well.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.